Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Kiss...who can resist...


We all know THE KISS when we see it.
The KISS brings us joy, pain, contentment, anger, fear, tears …. vulnerability and emotions we never knew we had.
It is associated with LOVE but it doesn’t have to be, as we all kiss for different reasons, some of which are shown here.

The Kiss of Passion

The Kiss of Innocence

The Kiss of Betrayal

The Kiss of Death


The Kiss of An Angel



The Kiss or Rear Ender

The Kiss Off



The Candy Kisses



The Princely Kiss


The Friendship Kiss


The Farewell Kiss

The Butterfly or Laughing Eskimo Kiss




The Well Known Beloved Kiss

The Final Kiss


Next to eating, THE KISS is the most important thing in all our lives.
As beings with human emotion, THE KISS can expose truths and lies better than any court of law.
It connects and separates better than telephones and walls and it unites better than flowers, chocolates or ice cream.
Without it…. we’d be very lonely people indeed.

14 comments:

CareyCarey said...

I loved this post. It was very thought provoking. What inspired this post. Gosh, you ended it with the kiss of death ...well, the final kiss. Great post!

A Lady's Life said...

Yes the final kiss is the most heartbreaking one because you will never see this beloved again nor kiss his/her lips. It makes me cry just thinking about it. lol

Anonymous said...

Great post...I so love the Eskimo Kiss and always will...I do that with my niece to this day and she's 7 years old :)

Fifi Flowers said...

NICE post... I think I need a candy kiss NOW... ENJOY your day... thank you for all the comments on my Painting du Jour blog!
Fifi

Anonymous said...

I love the Kiss of passion
wink wink
JDS

George said...

What a great post. You've identified and illustrated some of the different kisses we encounter in this life.

A Lady's Life said...

George - along with the different kisses come different loves as well.
JDS You're Hot blooded.:)
Thanks Fifi I enjoy the freshness of your paintings
Thom I also love the Inuit Kiss.
Its soo sweet.:)

Voegtli said...

This is a long list of kisses. And there are other kisses. Like man kissing each other, like the French, the Russians and Belgians do. French Presidents kiss a man when they have deocrated him. All the Russian leaders do (did) it. And I always kissed my male inlaws from my first marriage. But I also kissed my female inlaws. And that was more fun.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

This was a wonderful post, I have to disagree with you on the last one, I do believe most of us will be reunited again in Heaven so the Final Kiss may be here on Earth but then there is the Welcome Home Kiss when we are reunited.

Maude Lynn said...

This is such a cool post! I love the Kiss of Death picture. Too cute!

bluedreamer27 said...

hi thanks for dropping by at my site
i just added you in my blog roll so i can visit you here again
wouldyou mind for an exchange links
(www.bluedreamer27.blogspot.com)
thanks

Dr.John said...

What a great essay in pictures.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Guys.
Peter, the men kissing would, I assume, be under friendship, but of course this was just a sample of why people kiss and how close it brings all kind of people together.
I also left out children for the same reason. They're under angels because this is what children are to me. :)

A Lady's Life said...

O.F. I agree. We will all see each other again So it is an earthly farewell.