Tuesday, September 14, 2010

As Plain as the Nose on My Face


I woke up at 5 am this morning and saw my husband was already up and at em.
I called downstairs to ask him what he was doing and he said he was going to eat now.
So , happy, I said ok and went back to bed.

At 7 am I woke up again and my husband did not come upstairs
so I decided to go down and share some coffee with him.

I found him snoring on the couch watching CNN.
I checked further to seek evidence of him having eaten something.

I saw his eyes open and asked him what he ate. He answered: "Nothing."
I said, "But you said you were going to eat."

He just shook his head sideways and made a face.
So I made us coffee and asked him if he wanted breakfast and he said no.

Before going to work he searched for his sandwiches in the fridge and seemed disappointed not to find any but smart me, I already hung them on the wall where his keys hang so he would not forget them. lol

Nag nag nag, nag nag....... That's me. Now I can nag him at work to make sure he ate. lol
My husband is like Pinochio whose nose gets longer when he is under stress and I am like Geppeto, the wood carver, who hovers over his beautiful creation to make sure it is safe

This morning's events reminded me of the Smothers brothers. This video made me laugh.
Hope it makes your day as well.
Have a good one :)






7 comments:

George said...

I'll bet your husband is very thankful to have a Geppeto in his life.
Thanks for the video clip. I always enjoyed the Smothers Brothers.

Akelamalu said...

Lucky he's got you to look after him. ;)

A Lady's Life said...

George - Akelamalu - Yes, I ALWAYS REMIND HIM. lol

Its nice when a couple can laugh at one another, in the best and worst of times. I am truly blessed. :)

HoneyBUZZin said...

He's such lucky man...

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

I know he must be very happy to have you make things run smoother. Love the Pinochio reference too. lol. Blessings to you! :)

Maude Lynn said...

The word origin joke about politics is hilarious!

Gattina said...

What a wonderful spouse you are (poor man) lol !