Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tiger Power



Now this is one little copper kitty I found, which I made, when I was
a kid.
I remember how much I enjoyed making things like this.
I don't know where my beaver and other pieces I made went.

Things had a habit of disappearing in my house.
But I am glad this little guy remained and that I was able to take a picture of him.

After I made him, I remember thinking that I wanted my kitchen cabinets,
to be made out of such tigers.
How much delight I would take in cleaning them and caressing such a wonderful powerful animal
in my kitchen.
Some people want a tiger in their tank and I wanted a tiger in my kitchen,
growling me into beautiful succulent meals.

I have a nice kitchen but no tigers. :)
Nothing to scare me into cooking succulent meals.
Nothing to caress and give me incentive to clean my cabinets.
lol

Ah well.

Life could be worse I guess lol
:)

8 comments:

S-V-H said...

This is an interesting post, Lady! How did you made this tiger??? It's a great piece of craft/art. I like it and I found it very funny too, to have kitchen cabinets made from copper tigers. :))

Susanne

A Lady's Life said...

Susanne 49 - This is work that used to be popular at one time.
You used tools to push out the copper and then bend the other parts back to create something two dimensional
The back is then reinforced with clay so the piece is not pushed back in.
Then you frame it or stretch it onto other things, like wood.
You could have wonderful art scenes made this way especially if you can get a huge sheet of copper. Then some people enamel it in other colors or darken the pushed parts to give it another look or just plain polish it.
Whatever you do, will not spoil it.
This piece, is over 30 years old and it still makes me smile.:)

Akelamalu said...

That's excellent, especially considering you were only young when you made it. :)

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu = I was old enough to make them lol
High school kids today sure know how to draw and paint.
What I saw in our schools is quite impressive. To think they were once in diapers and now graduating blows your mind
lol

Trotter said...

Amazing! great cover for Aravind Adiga's «White Tiger», a fabulous book... ;)

A Lady's Life said...

That certainly is an interesting book.
Especially when we have to talk to India to resolve our computer and Telephone problems here at home. They emply people out there because we seem not to have enough people needing work here lol
I think its going global too far.
We learn here, in our schools, to think of population explosion and a dying planet in terms of a planet not being able to cope with so many people and no one else seems to care.
They just keep making more and more children and then we have to feed them because they don;t have basic necessities or education but want to live. Eventually we will not be able to and they will keep demanding and there will be another war.
That's really the right book to write . So sad.
It's not a question of being yellow or black or white anymore.
People need to have less children.
or no one will survive.

SandyCarlson said...

Your talents then, as now, are amazing.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Sandy :)