Saturday, December 11, 2010

Portrait Sketch




I love doing portraits
This is a sketch I did of my son this morning

It's amazing how your children take on features that are a mix of not only your
husband and yourself but also of grandparents and even great grandparents.
You get to see this a lot more clearly when you begin to draw them.

How they change from 2 - 10 -17 is amazing, and you wish that they'd stay small
cause they don't let you kiss their chubby cheeks anymore after they are grown.
lol

And well.... cheeks aren't chubby any more either. lol
Overnight, they become young men and women you don't recognize anymore.

And yet.......through pictures you see traces from the past.
Traces from faces which now are both deja vous and the future.

It gives you a funny feeling inside.
:)

Wanna know more about Christmas??

What do elves learn in school?
A: The Elf-abet!

Q: If athletes get athletes foot, what do astronauts get?
A: Missletoe!

Q: Why was Santa's little helper depressed?
A: Because he had low elf esteem.

Q: Why does Santa have 3 gardens?
A: So he can ho-ho-ho.

Q: Where do polar bears vote?
A: The North Poll.

Q: What do you get when you cross an archer with a gift-wrapper?
A: Ribbon hood.

Q: Why do birds fly south for the winter?
A: Because it's to far to walk.

Q: What was wrong with the boy's brand new toy electric train set he received for Christmas?
A: Forty feet of track - all straight!

Q: What kind of bird can write?
A: A PENguin.

Q: How does Al Gore's household keep Christmas politically correct?
A: On Christmas morning, they give the presents TO the tree.

Q: What do you call a cat on the beach at Christmas time?
A: Sandy Claus!

Q: How do sheep in Mexico say Merry Christmas?
A: Fleece Navidad!

Q: What nationality is Santa Claus?
A: North Polish.

Q: Why does Santa's sled get such good mileage?
A: Because it has long-distance runners on each side.

Q: What do you call a bunch of grandmasters of chess bragging about their games in a hotel lobby?
A: Chess nuts boasting in an open foyer!

Q: What do you get if you deep fry Santa Claus?
A: Crisp Cringle.

Q: What did the ghosts say to Santa Claus?
A: We'll have a boo Christmas without you.

Q: What did Santa shout to his toys on Christmas Eve?
A: Okay everyone, sack time!!

Q: What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
A: Snowflakes.

Q: If Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus had a child, what would he be called?
A: A subordinate claus.

Q: Why did the elf push his bed into the fireplace?
A: He wanted to sleep like a log.

Q: Why did Santa spell Christmas N-O-E?
A: Because the angel had said, "No L!"

Q: What goes Ho, Ho, Swoosh, Ho, Ho, Swoosh?
A: Santa caught in a revolving door!

11 comments:

George said...

That's a very good sketch of your son. You're right, though, they do grow up too fast.
Thanks for the Santa jokes.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

hahaha...enjoy these jokes!
Cheers to your creativity as well!

Trotter said...

Hi Lady! For someone who never managed to put two decent lines together, the sketch is a masterpiece!!
Low elf esteem... Great!! ;)

Blogtrotter Two has started to cruise the Nile for you, but without Poirot!! Some interesting shots available... ;) Enjoy and have a great week!

Akelamalu said...

Great sketch!

Children grow up too fast. I have 5 grandchildren and already the two youngest at 4 years old are babies no longer. :(

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks George! :)

A Lady's Life said...

Better is possible - Enjoy your grandchildren. They are a blessing :)

A Lady's Life said...

Lenore never more - Thanks for the visit

A Lady's Life said...

Trotter - Hunh??
Well sometimes I surprise myself hahahaha

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu - You are one lucky gramma!
Enjoy!!
I have one I will never see because she lives soo far away.:)

Gattina said...

I don't know your son, but the drawing seems very good to me. It's so true with the features. My son when he was little was blond like me and now at 37 he looks as his father ! and the little grandson looks exactly like my son when he was a baby ! Finally we have our kids only to us until about 12, at the latest. From there on, they have their own opinions and don't listen to all of what you say, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - so true .
Once they hit puberty watch out lol
I tried to keep mine very busy so he had no time to get into trouble like his friends did.
I like to sketch every one and when I do, I see my Dad in him and I see my husbands' Dad and I see some of my husband and myself and my Mom's Mom.
It's uncanny.When I get a spot to actually be able to paint properly undisturbed, I will begin doing family portraits.
Why not? As for sketches those do not take too much time and are fun to do.
Thanks:)