Monday, December 13, 2010

Whispering Sweet Nothings


























This is a work in progress, although I am so far, not very fond of it.
Thinking of chucking it.
Have to put a lot more effort into it if it will get a passing grade for effort.
I love Renoir and this picture he painted in particular.
I am not doing it justice at all.

He didn't turn out so bad but she turned out horrible and it is the woman and her eyes
that really count.
Is it love?
He says it is but she ain't buyin it lol

Forgive me he says. For you are my turtle dove.
I am not impressed Monsieur. lol
Shame on you for trying to .......you know.......seduce
a young woman. lol
Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice... shame on me.

But such is the life in the artist world.
One loves and is loved.
Life burns with passion.
Once you feel it, you will never want to live without it.
Your cup runneth over.
-----------------------------

Burn bright oh love and
let me cover you
with the soft feathers
of my bed.
Let me kiss your bright red lips
and feel their softness
on my breath.
For I have never lived till now
And ne're more will live
If it were so
Ne'er to feast upon
Your clear dark eyes
And exclaim my passion through them
To your soul.
For what is life without the touch
of your soft, cool hands' caress across my brow.
Even now, I feel the tenderness, in so light a touch,
As to make me drunk with stupor
In delight, to be so loved
By such as thee.

A Lady's Life.

lol
:)


Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making
her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas.

As luck would have it, a Texaco Gasoline station was just a block away.

She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas. The
attendant told her that the only gas can he owned had beenloaned out,
but she could wait until it was returned. Since Sister Mary Ann was on
the way to see a patient, she decided not to waitand walked back to her
car.

She looked for something in her car that she could fill with gas and
spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient.

Always resourceful, Sister Mary Ann carried the bedpan to the
station, filled it with gasoline, and carried the full bedpan back to her car.

As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two Baptists watched from
across the street.. One of them turned to the other and said,

'If it starts, I'm turning Catholic.'!!

In God we trust!

6 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

I like the painting!

A Lady's Life said...

Mama Zen - I love the painting but not my painting lol
I think I can do a lot better.
I have to think how to salvage it so it's a little acceptable.
This is what is interesting about paintings. It's in the eye of the artist as well as the beholder.:)

George said...

I would hate to think of you chucking this painting. Thank you for the story of Sister Mary Ann.

A Lady's Life said...

George - I will try to salvage it George. I just think it would be easier to call this a trial run and start it over though, from scratch.

SandyCarlson said...

I really like your take on Renoir. I wonder what she is thinking! Great stuff, friend.

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy - just having some fun lol
but we do wonder.
What was their conversation about?lol