Thursday, December 9, 2010

Precious Consistency


I am having so much fun painting my eggs.
My husband just broke a dozen by putting another bag over the egg one.
At first I thought it was only one but then I saw the real damage so
unless you can get turkey eggs which I understand to be very thick, one needs to be very careful.
Today I painted one with red Christmas trees and a Santa with two bags of presents.
I think it turned out really nice.
Then I came across these eggs you see above.

Now this is a piece of art work.

To be able to have such perfect hand control, so as not to destroy the egg, is absolutely amazing.

These eggs are carved out just like you would a Halloween pumpkin.
I am soo impressed.

I hope they varnished them nicely so they do not break.
Such delicate work cannot be handled without risking destroying a masterpiece.

I am just wondering if they did not first soften the egg shell before carving it.
Otherwise how would it be done without cracking?

Excellent work indeed.
I hope you like it as much as I do.

As for turkey eggs...someone mentioned that we eat duck and chicken eggs and quail eggs, so why do we not eat turkey eggs?

I also wondered about that so I looked it up and they said it's because turkey eggs are larger and very rich, so you need to eat less to get the same amount of protein you would from a chicken egg.
Also they lay one, every two days and require a lot more food than a chicken does.

It would be too expensive to keep turkeys for egg laying and to sell the eggs in quantities of 12 and .... it would take longer to collect. One person said they also tasted strange, so unlike a chicken egg.

But for art purposes, I think turkey eggs would be great, since the skin is thicker.
I have no idea where one would buy them though.



Have a good one :)

Question: Why did the chicken lay an egg?
Answer: Because it would break if she dropped it!

Question: Where did the chicken go on her vacation?
Answer: Sandy Eggo

Question: Why did the egg cross the street?
Answer: To get to the shell station.

Question: Why did the chicken lay her eggs on a axe?
Answer: She wanted to hachet

Question: What do you call a egg who’s done lots of things?
Answer: An egg who has a lot of eggsperience.

Question: Where do you find information about eggs?
Answer: In the hen-cyclopedia

Question: Why is the chef so mean?
Answer: She beats the eggs!

Question: Did you hear the one about the egg?
Answer: It's not all it's "cracked" up to be!

Question: How can you drop an egg six feet without breaking it?
Answer: By dropping it seven feet - it won't break for the first six.


Question: What does mummy hen call her baby?
Answer: Eggs-tra special


:)

4 comments:

Gattina said...

These eggs are beautiful and the jokes too, you should have written this post for easter, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - you are fast lol I just added my picture of the Santa egg I painted.
I can't do it from my computer because my word has something wrong with it so I need to use my husbands'.
Anyway it's nicer in real life and still needs varnishing.lol

George said...

I really like your painted eggs, I don't see how you can do it so well. Your egg riddles gave me several chuckles and a couple of groans!

A Lady's Life said...

George - I have to buy better brushes because the ones I have are cheap ones and they change shape after you use them once. Then you can't get the effect you want. but otherwise they are fun to do.You get what you pay for I guess lol