Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Overjoyed!!



I was overjoyed this evening as well as very surprised to see
the little nuts I found by an oak tree, and planted, sprouted for
Christmas.

I was washing dishes and then saw this green color inside the plastic container
which I covered with cellophane paper so there would be no flies in there
laying eggs.

I looked inside and just couldn't believe what I saw.


BABIES FOR CHRISTMAS!!!

Now what better sign can you get at this time of year?

I am soo extremely happy you cannot imagine.
More are coming out and I so hope they survive.

I am encouraged to plant more now that I know they will grow.

Oak trees are truly a gift to mankind, animals and nature.

I have the I Wish You a Merry Christmas song in my head
and it will not leave.

I think I got my gift and I feel so merry and bright.
:)


A London lawyer runs a STOP sign and gets pulled over by a Glasgow copper.

The lawyer thinks that he is smarter than the cop because he is a lawyer from LONDON
and is certain that he has a better education than any cop.
He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the Glasgow cops expense

Glasgow cop says, " Licence and registration, please."
London Lawyer says, "What for?"
Glasgow cop says, "Ye didnae come tae a complete stop at the stop sign."
London Lawyer says, "I slowed down, and no one was coming." Glasgow cop says, "Ye still didnae come tae a complete stop.
Licence and registration, please"
London Lawyer says, "What's the difference?" Glasgow cop says, "The difference is, ye huvte come tae a complete stop,
That’s the law, Licence and registration, please!"
London Lawyer says, "If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop,
I'll give you my licence and registration and you can give me the ticket.
If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket." Glasgow cop says "Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir."
The London Lawyer exits his vehicle.

The Glasgow cop takes out his baton and starts beating the shit out of the lawyer and says,

"Dae ye want me tae stop, or jist slow Doon?"
===================================

Story behind the American Flag.
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Iwa-lSVqA1M&vq=medium

6 comments:

George said...

I hope your oak sprouts continue to thrive -- that's pretty neat.
Thanks for the story of the London lawyer.
To answer the question you asked, Sempervivum (hens and chicks) are perennials.

SandyCarlson said...

A great post. I hope your baby oaks take of! Great stuff.

Merry Christmas.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks George That's how I felt too
:)

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy= I learned that there are more than one kind of oak trees.
Apparently I have white oak and red oak.
The red oak is the little one with the cap you see in the picture.
lol

Trotter said...

Love that lawyer's story...

A Lady's Life said...

Trotter - Ya . Don't mess with Glasgow lol