Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Cover for a Lover


This is a cover I am making and embroidering . I put the squares together in panels but will do some other things to it before putting it completely together.
I already have the sides to attach to it compliments of my knitting machine. :)

Pretty soon it will be ready to use for Christmas to bring color to a room and picture taking.
I have to find some outlines to make hearts and birds, like an owl, to fill in the empty squares.
Then I have to think what to put for the backing. Maybe I can quilt it as well.
So far it looks great and I am quite happy with it.


It's not Christmas but you have to see this crazy dog . He is having the time of his life playing. This is a great way to wash animals.



I remember in Quebec we would have snow like in the video.
My Mom would take out her Persian carpet from the living room and we would put snow on it
and broom it on both sides.
It would take all the dust out of it and clean it so when we would bring it back inside it smelled so fresh for another year. I don't remember my Mom ever using chemicals on it to wash it.
Just plain fresh white snow.

Three women go down to Mexico one night to celebrate college graduation,

get drunk, and wake up in jail, only to find that they are to be executed in

the morning, though none of them can remember what they did the night

before.

The first one, a redhead, is strapped in the electric chair and is asked

if she has any last words. She says, "I just graduated from Trinity Bible

College and believe in the almighty power of God to intervene on the behalf

of the innocent."

They throw the switch and nothing happens. They all immediately fall to

the floor on their knees, beg for forgiveness, and release her.

The second one, a brunette, is strapped in and gives her last words. "I

just graduated from the Harvard School of Law and I believe in the power of

justice to intervene on the part of the innocent."

They throw the switch and again, nothing happens. Again they all

immediately fall to their knees, beg for forgiveness and release her.

The last one (you knew it), a blonde, is strapped in and says, "Well, I'm

from A & M University and just graduated with a degree in

Electrical Engineering, and I'll tell ya right now, ya'll ain't gonna

electrocute nobody if you don't plug this thing in.




8 comments:

George said...

I've never seen a dog cavorting in the snow the way this one is doing.
You're making a beautiful cover.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks George. Something to do I guess. lol

SandyCarlson said...

That is a lovely quilt.Thanks for the daily doses of laughter and beauty and joy.

A Lady's Life said...

Aw welcome Sandy

Zuzana said...

Love your beuatiful cover, so pretty!
Oh, I feel that Christmas just ended, thus it is way far way in my perception, but I like the clip.
And I laughed out loud reading the joke.;)) And I needed to laugh today.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xoxo

Akelamalu said...

The cover is just lovely!

I enjoyed wtching the doggie. :)

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks zuzana:)

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu - I thought he was a crazy dog and ahving so much fun without being afraid of being stuck in snow. lol