Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Puzzling Affair



I do not have any more children in the house but lots of memories stuck in boxes which need to be sorted.
Some things need to be kept.
Some sold in a garage sale.

One thing I always liked doing is buying puzzles especially when I see nice ones on sale.
They are always good, for all ages, to do .
Kids and seniors can spend wonderful quality time, sitting doing these things over hot chocolate and good conversation.
I remember my friend taking them to do when they went skiing.

Something is nice about sitting beside a crackling fire watching the snow flakes and doing a nice puzzle with a brandy.

Then what do you do with it, once it's finished?
Well I like to glue them onto a poster board and then frame them.

I find it pays to do if the puzzle is a nice one.
Then if you want to sell it at a craft fair and/or give it as a present to some one, it usually is appreciated.

I don't know what other people do with their elaborate puzzles once they are done.
The last blog had a train puzzle and todays' is a bird and roses. I like both of them.
==============================
Jokes



A big shot business man had to spend a couple of days in the hospital.

He was a royal pain to the nurses because he bossed them around just like he did his employees. None of the hospital staff wanted to have anything to do with him.

The head nurse was the only one who could stand up to him. She walked into his room and announced, "I have to take your temperature."

After complaining for several minutes, he finally settled down, crossed his arms and opened his mouth.

"No, I'm sorry, the nurse stated, "but for this reading, I can't use an oral thermometer."

This started another round of complaining, but eventually he rolled over and bared his behind.

After feeling the nurse insert the thermometer, he heard her announce, "I have to get something. Now you stay JUST LIKE THAT until I get back!"

She leaves the door to his room open on her way out. He curses under his breath as he hears people walking past his door, laughing. After almost an hour, the man's doctor comes into the room.

"What's going on here?" asked the doctor.

Angrily, the man answers, "What's the matter, Doc? Haven't you ever seen someone having their temperature taken before?"

After a pause, the doctor replies, "Yes, but never with a daffodil!"
Moral of the story ? Never cross your nurse.
=================================================

Times are a changin.

An architect, an artist and an accountant were discussing whether it was better to spend time with the wife or a mistress.

The architect said he enjoyed time with his wife, building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship.

The artist said he enjoyed time with his mistress, because of the passion and mystery he found there.

The accountant said, "I like both."

"Both?"

The accountant replied "Yeah. If you have a wife and a mistress, they will each assume you are spending time with the other woman, and you can go to the office and get some work done."
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Five cannibals get appointed as engineers in a Oil Company.

During the welcoming ceremony the boss says: "You're all part of our team now. You can earn good money here, and you can go to the cafeteria for something to eat. So don't trouble the other employees".

The cannibals promise not to trouble the other employees.

Four weeks later the boss returns and says: "You're all working very hard, and I'm very satisfied with all of you. One of our cleaners has disappeared, however. Do any of you know what happened to her?" The cannibals disavow all knowledge of the missing cleaner.

After the boss has left, the leader of the cannibals says to the others: "Which of you idiots ate the cleaning lady?".

A hand raises hesitantly, to which the leader of the cannibals says: "You fool! For four weeks we've been eating Team Leaders, Task Leaders and Project Managers so no one would notice anything, and you have to go and eat the cleaning lady!"







5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

I used to really enjoy doing jigsaw puzzles, you reminded me how much. :)

Gattina said...

I don't like Puzzles and I wouldn't be able to put one for a 2 year old together, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - this is a very good project to do with kids Especially the young ones Its helps develop skills you can't even imagine. But of course you have to use childrens puzzles.

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu - today they are so interesting to do .I used to watch people and think. boy, what the heck are they doing, until I did one myself and saw how much I enjoyed it. lol Now I keep my eye open for nice puzzles for a rainy day. lol

SandyCarlson said...

Puzzles are fun. They take us out of one minute and into another. And we get the picture in the end.