Monday, February 7, 2011

Chime Clock


I bought this clock for my parents 25th Wedding Anniversary.
You wind it up and it chimes on the hour and half hour.
My Dad diligently wound it up every day.
It's a good idea cause when you sleep, it saves you from getting up to look at the time
All you need to do, is listen to the number of chimes and that is the time.lol
It also takes discipline to remember to every day, wind the clock but it's fun with a key.

Now I have it and I don't wind it at all and it sits waiting for my Dad as a center piece.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to control my dry hair, I treated my scalp with olive oil before washing it.
Worried that the oil might leave an odor, I washed my hair several times.

That night when I went to bed, I leaned over to my husband and asked,
"Do I smell like olive oil?"

"No," he said, sniffing me. "Do I smell like Popeye?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why did the man hit the clock?

Because the clock struck first!

-----------------------------------------
A college student had some friends over to show off his new apartment, when one of them asked, “Hey, what’s the big gong and mallet for”?

“That’s the talking clock!”, he replied.

“How does it work?”, asked the friend?

Without a word the college student took the mallet and hammered the gong as hard as he could. A voice then immediately rang out, “Knock it off! It’s three in the morning!!!”



3 comments:

George said...

We have three chiming clocks in our house, which Betsy diligently wind each week. You're right -- at night we can tell the time without opening our eyes. That is, if we wake up when the clocks are chiming the hour!

A Lady's Life said...

George - that's great. Are they all synchronized? lol
I would love to get a cuckoo clock. They were affordable once and today I see them and they are so expensive.

Akelamalu said...

My Mum and Dad received a chiming mantle clock as a wedding present.