Monday, February 7, 2011

Painting on Wood


This is a painting I am doing on wood. It's quite large.
I have adapted my original artist, Renoir I believe, to another world, closer to the red
mountains of Kamloops, BC lol

I could just picture this scenario happening today, far far away from France.
How would these women and children fit in, is the question?

Would they walk the same? Sit the same? Play the same?
The little girl has a hoola hoop We played with hoola hoops.
Seems I bought my children hoola hoops.
The hats are all coming back in style, feathers and all if you look at
British Royalty. Furs will come back in style as well once weather gets cold enough to warrant them.

Seems time changes nothing. We all go back to square one.
It's a good thing fashion is not copy written, because there
would be nothing to sew or sell. lol

The women in the back ground are faceless, as time is faceless ...as God is faceless.
:)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Want to go solar?

how long do solar panel last?

http://www.solarpoweristhefuture.com/how-long-do-solar-panels-last.shtml

How long do batteries last?

:
http://www.essortment.com/hobbies/energyinnovatio_sleh.htm


what to power with solar panels?

http://www.rain.org/~philfear/how2solar.html

Inverters changing to ac power

http://cosmossolarenergy.com/?gclid=CJ7Zkdz7-6YCFRg8gwodlAmuHA


making solar panels for 300 dollars as opposed to buying for 2,500.00

Watch video


6 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

The women in the back ground are faceless, as time is faceless ...as God is faceless.
:)

I love that!

PS You're so right about the fashion statement ;-)

You are indeed a Woman of many gifted talents.


Your friend always,
FSB

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful painting and I love your way of explaining its content.
I agree on the hoola hoops, are they still in fashion? These days children mostly sit on front of the computer or television. When we were kids, there was nothing like that, not even TV, the broadcast stated first in the evening. We were always outside playing, triggering our own imagination, creating our own toys and plays...
Loved this post.;)
xoxo

Gattina said...

Like your paining ! Looks very nice, yu put your personality in it.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks. guys.
It isn't finished. As always it is a work in progress lol
what I like doing is putting them all together and then when I walk past them I see things get inspitarion and then this is the part where the picture evolves.

Akelamalu said...

Painting on wood - that's different and very nice I have to say. :)

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Akelamalu