Monday, February 28, 2011

The Light of Life

gericault derby at epsom


I send you the light of life
Disguised as a candle
I send you a stone
Smoothed of rough edges
I give you a foundation
To build your home
I warn against deception
To further Peace.

In return,
Do not toss me to and fro
Do not throw me to the wind
Do not ambush the love, the faith
Nor the belief in me
Do not dim the light.

A Lady's Life.
The light symbolizes God and the Holy Spirit and Life
The Stone = character, chipped of rough edges
Foundation = laws to live by
Deception speaks for itself -means false prophets promoting hate and pain.


Haiku?

Sacred friendship
Ring of fire
Dented, scarred, alive.

==================

Yesterday I watched a movie where a killer tried to explain the insignificance of man.
He said if you look at an atom it is soo small you can see through it and yet it is soo powerful that if you split it it explodes with such ferocity.
In essence, man, as well as everything we see and touch including the floors, is see through and basically does not exist and yet, together with the reflection of light, we see and we can touch.
So in essence if we do not exist then self destruction is not possible and this he made as an excuse for using nuclear power against people.

It is fascinating how man can misinterpret things.
God says he gave us life to live and the 7 senses to enjoy living with.

So whether we exist per se, is irrelevant.

A miracle happened. A miracle Angels would love to share but can't and even in death, these atoms do not explode but if they are nuclear and powerful, they will continue to live
basically forever with all we know about radiation.

It is amazing that we fear radiation and yet it lives within us, a magical force both hot and cold, both powerful and at rest, peaceful and beautiful.

Something to think about.
--------------------------------------------------

A man is flying in a hot air balloon and realizes he is lost. He reduces height and spots a man down below. He lowers the balloon further and shouts: "Excuse me, can you help me? I promised my friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below says: "Yes. You are in a hot air balloon, hovering approximately 30 feet above this field. You are between 40 and 42 degrees N. latitude, and between 58 and 60 degrees W. longitude."

"You must be an engineer" says the balloonist.

"I am" replies the man. "How did you know."

"Well" says the balloonist, "everything you have told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of

your information, and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below says "You must be a manager."

"I am" replies the balloonist, "but how did you know?"

"Well", says the man, "you don't know where you are, or where you are going. You have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are in the exact same position you were in before we met, but now it is somehow my fault."
====================================

True friends are like Diamonds... they are real and rare. False friends are like leaves... they are scattered everywhere.


====================================

A ring is round and has no end.... and that's how long I'll be your friend.
=================================================

Lets make it a day of friendships.
Enjoy.
:)

4 comments:

Gattina said...

Don't burn yourself when you are disguised as a candle ! Sorry, but it made me laugh to imagine you walking around like a candle !

A Lady's Life said...

lol Gattina its a poem about God/ Holy Spirit, Not about me.lol

A candle represents light and life.

George said...

I like your poem and the idea that we should have a day of friendships.
Your story of the manager and the engineer was funny, but it also reminded me of some of the managers I worked for.

A Lady's Life said...

George = Thanks
We live in scary times today lol
The managers I worked with were all very good with the exception of a few.
But that was because they were political and not job oriented.
This was during Quebecs' Quiet Revolution.