Monday, November 21, 2011

A Quest for Amusement.

What amuses you? To amuse means to occupy, in an agreeable, pleasing, or entertaining fashion.

I asked around and the following are some responses people gave.

Religion amuses me.

Love amuses me.

People amuse me cause they make me laugh. Like comedians with funny faces.

Tupoc was a gansta and he amuses me. I wanna be a G man too.

I always get amused by the unceasing efforts of hate mongers to make fun of you and your beliefs.

Dreamers, cause they are like sci fie.

People holding hands

Graffiti and Strange art cause some of it is real good.

Animals acting like people and people like animals. Both funny.
When a monkey punches a person in the face.

Bull shit conversations about nothing like Seinfeld and Two and Half Men

Understanding human nature amuses me. In particular, understanding and solving problems that seem complex, but whose solution is deceptively simple.

Playing with my kid and have it suddenly turn beat red and poop

Soccer fights, hockey fights.

People falling down doing stupid stunts.

Farts always amuse me especially when I have to conceal it.

Negative comments





http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/41963.Neil_Postman

Neil Postman had some Quotes to think about


But in Huxley's vision, no Big Brother is required to deprive people of their autonomy, maturity and history. As he saw it, people will come to love their oppression, to adore the technologies that undo their capacities to think.

What Orwell feared were those who would ban books. What Huxley feared was that there would be no reason to ban a book, for there would be no one who wanted to read one.
Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information.
Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism.
Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance.
Orwell feared we would become a captive culture. Huxley feared we would become a trivial culture, preoccupied with some equivalent of the feelies, the orgy porgy, and the centrifugal bumblepuppy.
As Huxley remarked in Brave New World Revisited, the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions".
In 1984, Huxley added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure.
In short, Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us.


It amuses me to see that one of these men ............seems to be right.
However like anything else, it depends on which side of the coin you are looking at. lol

Have a great day!

Psychologists think they're experimental psychologists.
Experimental psychologists think they're biologists.
Biologists think they're biochemists.
Biochemists think they're chemists.
Chemists think they're physical chemists.
Physical chemists think they're physicists.
Physicists think they're theoretical physicists.
Theoretical physicists think they're mathematicians.
Mathematicians think they're metamathematicians.
Metamathematicians think they're philosophers.
Philosophers think they're gods.

***

Question: What did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor? --- Answer: Make me one with everything.


Two behaviorists have sex. One turns to the other and says, "That was good for you: how was it for me?"

8 comments:

Gattina said...

It had amused me to read your post, lol !

A Lady's Life said...

gattina - lol thanks
I am glad it amused you lol

Sub Radar (Mike) said...

Soccer fights amuse me because they end up trying to kick each other and look very silly in the process. The behaviorist joke made me laugh as well haha.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Sub Radar

SandyCarlson said...

Your post amused me, too. I share some of your pleasures!

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy - life is amusing lol
but what is also amusing is how different people are with what amuses them.

Maude Lynn said...

The Buddhist ordering the hot dog cracked me up!

A Lady's Life said...

Mama zen - can you imagine a hot dog like that? lol