Monday, February 16, 2015

Tell Me A Story



When I was a kid I listened to this song over and over and over.
This was a time when spanking was legal and as can be seen
kids were tough. No psychological damage here.lol
And it made me feel better if my Dad ever spanked me.
In those days no one felt bad cause we all got spanked.lol
Life on my street was very entertaining. All the kids grew up to
 be great people.

Frankie Laine - Tell Me A Story Lyrics

 Tell me story, tell me story
Tell me story, remember what you said
You promised me you said you would
You got to give in, so I'll be good
Tell me a story then I'll go to bed

Oh, worry, worry, weary ends my day
Comes the time to go home without my raise in pay
Home by the fire where a man can just relax
Sippers there by the chair, not a worry, not a care
Along comes Junior swinging his little axe

Tell me a story, tell me a story
Tell me a story, remember what you said
Tell me about the birds and bees
How do you make a chicken sneeze?
Tell me a story then I'll go to bed

Came home so late one evening last July
Played a little poker the time had passed me by
Shoes in my hand and my darlin' wife in bed
Up the stairs sayin' a prayer
Then a voice comes through the air

Hi you there, daddy
Remember what you said

Tell me a story, tell me a story
Tell me a story, remember what you said
Tell me how your eye got black
Because the doorway hit you back
Tell me a story then I'll go to bed

Once upon a time I remember long ago
Don't go back in history, your memory's kinda slow
Stop your noisy talkin' until I finish with my tale

Once upon a, upon a what
Upon your back, you'll get a swat
Tell me about the fish you caught
That's was bigger than a whale

Tell me a story, tell me a story
Tell me a story, remember what you said
You promised me, you said you would
You gotta give in, so I'll be good

Here's a tale you'll never forget
(Tap, tap, tap)
Ouch, my tails all red
And now get up to bed
Ha, ha come on daddy, tell me a story, hee, he

2 comments:

Gattina said...

I never got spanked, my parents educated me explaining things. And I am 71. None of my friend's parents used this brutal method neither and we all became good adults.

A Lady's Life said...

It shows Gattina lol

It is a matter of opinion. Some kids dont need it others do.
I would much rather do it than have the police do it later in life.
Spanking is not brutal. Beating is.
Spanking never hurt anyone. Some kids prefer that to being grounded.