Sunday, June 16, 2013

You Belong To Me


(click to enlarge)
My soul will love you always
Unlike my heart which will one day stop
My soul it is eternal, even if my heart is  not
My soul will stay forever, watching over yours
My soul belongs to God in Heaven and..
Yours' dear boy, is mine.
A Lady's Life.
---------------------------------------------------------------

It's exciting to love and to be loved.
It's exciting to believe that there is a purpose to life and living
It is exciting to believe there is a tomorrow, away from hell on earth.
It is exciting to know there is a love out there, so powerful and strong
It is exciting  you can feel it, without sight or touch or smell.
It is exciting to walk toward it, full of trust, a fearless son.
It is exciting to feel safe knowing you are not alone.
It is exciting to tell angels stories they don't know
It is exciting to find peace, we left, to search  beyond the sun
It is exciting to conclude that after a long, glorious quest
We can exhale, nay...sigh.... and say Oh Holy Father,
 There is no place like home.
A Lady's Life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------


I remember the tenderness with which you held me, as we walked on salty shore
The time you felt my pain when my cheeks were swollen and so sore
The time I rocked you close to heal your damaged heart.
The time I said that it's ok.
 You survived and all is well.

I remember how you slept in tears at night
How you woke up in my arms holding you, so tight.
I remember how I cried each time you flew away
A broken hearted swallow, grounded from the sky

I remember how we walked, blindly on dark roads
Fear doesn't exist, when you are so in love
How we thought we conquered time, that it would never conquer us.
Even now we fight it knowing, fighting it is wrong.

I remember children, sleeping soundly at our feet.
Holding them, to hear them breath, quietly and deep
I remember how we toasted, both good times and bad.
How we laughed between the tears, not to be so sad.

I remember bravery,  as you walked forward into storms
Knowing I'd be waiting, here for you, at home
Keeping fires burning, waiting for a word
Looking at the setting sun, sailing in the wind.

Windy letters would blow in  and whisper in my ear.
I am coming. Wait for me. Stay strong and
Then you'd  walk right in.
Speechless we would walk, on the soft green grass of home.
Holding hands so tight, never wanting to let go.

I remember tenderness we had back then and even now
We survive the test of time and babe,
That says it all.
A Lady's Life.

xoxoxoxox







9 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Oh that is just SO beautiful! Really, really beautiful. :)

Maude Lynn said...

Lovely!

Felicity Grace Terry said...

As always such beautiful words, I especially love My Soul will love you always.

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you Akelamalu.
As long as there is love, we pull each other up

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Mama Zen

A Lady's Life said...

Petty - Eternally.
Love is a very special word.

A Lady's Life said...

Thank you Rick
Becoming sentimental again lol

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

This is so beautiful. I was truly lost in the moment.
Love does heal if we put aside our fears.

Really nice my friend!

A Lady's Life said...

Butterfly, we are all people and we all have the same needs
But we don't understand God, any more than we understand his love.
We were forgiven for this way back when and as one generation dies off another begins and we can't seem to pass the right message to them.
If we could get it right just once,world wide, to make the new generation understand, then we could say we did right and the world we leave behind will be a better world.