Sunday, June 30, 2013

Natures'Bouquet


Looking at such beautiful flowers sunning themselves in the hot sun
I could almost hear the music of Beethovens' Fur Elise
It is an easy piece for professional pianists.This girl plays it
with such ease. Her fingers seem to hardly touch the piano keys.
The piano seems to be playing on its own.



This piece is as delicate as the flowers who listen to it.
This must have been some love.

The story goes that in 1810 , Beethoven was 40 years old and fell in love with an 18 year old girl.
Her name was Therese Malfatti. He wanted to marry her.
Therese's Father had a party and Beethoven was supposed to play a bagatelle he wrote just for Therese , to be followed by a marriage proposal. 
But instead he got drunk and never played the piece. Nor did he propose.
He tried writing her name on the front page of his bagatelle = Fur Therese.
When the manuscript was found after Therese died, it was published as Fur Elise because they could not read the handwriting.
So sad.

xoxoxoxo

4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

WHAT an awesome story. I never knew. I love this post and you are so right. It looks as it she're pretending to play at some point. She's both graceful and intense.

BEAUTIFUL!

Love you :-)

A Lady's Life said...

lol Butterfly my usband says today it's all digital so she is not really playing but I would hate to think that cause then what would be the point of the concert?
She plays difficult pieces and was asked to do encores by the audience so she played a simple piece Fur Elise and every one laughed.
I am glad they thought it was funny cause I am still struggling with it lol
A pianist I will never be.(So sad)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hiya .. I love Fur Elise - it's beautiful, but I did not know about the story line ..

Cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

England is full of surprises Hilary lol