Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Checkers Anyone??




I pushed it and it's finished. Whew!!
I gave it to my son and he is happy to have two ponchos now.

One is blue and one is checkered.

One is knitted and one is crocheted.

My husband complained today that he was cold and wanted to put the heating on and I was nice and warm
with this nice thick blanket on my legs.
My son is tall and the poncho goes almost down to his knees so when he sits , it will cover him nicely.
Today he even put on his neck warmer.
Gosh, these guys must both be cold.

I guess you can also have a game of checkers or chess on these squares too.
and you can also use it as a Halloween costume if you want to represent someone from the Queens' court
in the Alice in Wonderland story. lol
It is great to wear when sitting on the beach where the wind is cooler and makes for a great cover if you have to change to go home.
My son has been going to the beach a lot lately so I guess this is why he likes them. They are quick and easy to put on and wear.
So there it is for you guys to see.
xoxoxoxoxxox

6 comments:

George said...

You did a great job with this poncho.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks George It was going to be an afghan but then my son took a look and said to make a poncho So I ended up with a lot more work to do .Once I get started it's hard to stop till its done.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. well done - not being able to wear wool it 'worries' me! I struggle to keep warm .. lots of layers, but no wool and many other fabrics ...

Great you've got that skill you can use to make useful items for family, and friends .. or charities too I suspect ..

Cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary- The wool does not have to be pure wool. This one isn't because my guys do not take care when washing
pure wool. Many things I knitted were destroyed or rather felted in the drier lol And made so small as to fit a child of 4.lol
My whole life was about charity and charity work.
I have given and made a lot for charities.I loved doing stuff I gave to children in my sons soccer team. Like I made little skirts and purses and gave them for Christmas so Little girls could become Mrs Claus at Christmas pageants.
The wool was cheap and so it was fun to make
Now I do for my family and once in a while I still collect stuff to give to the recycling thrift store.
But thread is so much more expensive today What used to be 4 dollars is now 10.00. Doesn't make any sense from China. But I guess they want you to buy their clothes and not make them. Thats why I say we should bring our companies back home so it gets cheaper again to do your own things and begin your own businesses.Think about quality rather than quantity.

Lorna said...

Excellent. A handsome poncho. Lucky son!!

A Lady's Life said...

thanks lorna