Friday, April 20, 2012

I Told You So

 

A young boy, about eight years old, was at the corner "Mom & Pop" grocery picking out a pretty good size box of laundry detergent. The grocer walked over, and, trying to be friendly, asked the boy if he had a lot of laundry to do. "Oh, no laundry," the boy said, "I'm going to wash my frog." "But you shouldn't use this to wash your frog. It's very powerful and if you wash your frog in this, he'll get sick. In fact, it might even kill him." But the boy was not to be stopped and carried the detergent to the counter and paid for it, even as the grocer still tried to talk him out of washing his frog. About a week later the boy was back in the store to buy some candy. The grocer asked the boy how his frog was doing. "Oh, he died," the boy said. The grocer, trying not to be an I-told-you-so, said he was sorry the frog died but added, "I tried to tell you not to use that detergent on your frog." "Well," the boy replied, "I don't think it was the detergent that killed him." "Oh? What was it then?" "I think it was the spin cycle!"

Have a great day!

3 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks George :)

Gattina said...

I don't understand your comment on my last post "A different Way to say "Attention" ! it has nothing to do with movies it was only a joke on a street sign, which happened in France, where anyway only few people understand English !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina : I guess in another language people don't understand its fun but here, everything seems to be about this one word. People's vocabulary seems to be very limited.
It tires the soul to listen to it especially in movies, so I watch the old movies. Norms are very quick to develop and swearing has become a norm I am not impressed with. People use it on the street,songs, then your kids pick up on it and bring it into the home and then you have a problem with kids trying to stop it.
For me it's always about kids.