Monday, April 2, 2012

Flowering Love



Oh what is love but not a joyous feeling,
Laughter from enlightened eyes,
Open arms, to every one who enters,
Sharing in what this old world provides.

Oh what is love but a friendship rising
From the dust of desolate sin
Forgiving all past desecrations
Of living men, as beasts fall

Oh what is love, if not in your eyes,
As upon me they gaze today
Astounded, that I 'm weak and lowly,
Tired, from the mid days' sun.

Oh what is love, if not a prayer dear
To wish me well in all I do.
And what is love, if I don't try dear
To shepherd all,
To understand what's true.

A Lady's Life.

2 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life - Oh what is love .. so much, as you describe, so much more .. the hear within, the soul above, that joining , that compassion, that caring for other life .. to understand what's true ..

Great poem - thanks for sharing with us .. cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Yes Hilary We have wonderful poets to reach back to. I love culture and tradition.:)