Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chop Chop



I have been watching cooking shows and I can't imagine how much work is put into some of these dishes.
The amount of work some of these chefs do is incredible.

We the public, sit and enjoying flavors, having no idea how much creative work is put in to them.

I love chops sticks.
I love collecting and eating with them.

They are a lot of fun and I always remember Mr Miyagi on the Karate Kid,who caught flies with them.

Some Chinese traditions are worth keeping although I did read some people complain about how many trees are destroyed supplying all these chopsticks to restaurants.

Since I have been knitting and these chop sticks were lying beside me, I thought, what if I did put the other end into a pencil sharpener?
Would I get double pointed needles I could knit with?
The more you use the wood the easier it becomes to knit, as the wood becomes slippery


Well now I have an idea on how to recycle chop sticks.
Next time you eat with them, take them home and sharpen them and give them as a gift to a knitter.

Or you can collect them and use them for projects instead of bamboo sticks..
Use them to build bird houses, cages, cup holders ...
Such a wide variety of things can be created using these nice little pieces of wood.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lady sees some Chinese characters on a Chinese menu. She likes them, so she goes home and makes a shirt with the symbols on it. Later that day, she bumps into a Chinese person. The person looks at her and says "Do you know what your shirt says?" The lady admits that she doesn't know and asks the man to translate. The man says, "Your shirt says 'cheap but good'."
----------------------------------------
Now how is this not adorable?


Have a good day! :)

7 comments:

George said...

These are some great ways to recycle chop sticks. I enjoy using and eating with chop sticks, although I have never got a fly with a pair.

SandyCarlson said...

And I think they would be great for making God's eyes!

Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I love chinese food and I never use a fork. It's unheard of :-)

My mom is half chinese and we use to eat rice all the time when I was a little girl. I didn't know that there was anything else. Lol

Love you.
fsb

Magia da Inês said...

É difícil comer com palitinhos...
mas eu os acho charmosos e delicados.
Boa semana!° 。
° 。 °
˚●/° 。
/▌•˛ ˚
/ \ 。 °
˚ ˛ ° 。

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks guys :)

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

Mmmm. chop sticks. Now I'm hungry! I have a good friend who's a knitter. I'm going to do that for her! And thank you for the glimpse of Knut. What a little sweetie!

A Lady's Life said...

Diane she will be surprised lol