Friday, February 28, 2014

Bella Mia





This is Bella .
She is a new addition to our family.
She is a Sichon just like my Tanya is except her
 parents had longer legs . I think they were more 
 Bichon than  Shitzu.

Black is difficult to take pictures of but rest assured, she is gorgeous
just like her Daddy, with no overbite.
If you look at her from the side her profile resembles a lions'.

She came from ol Prince George, the land of snow, ski doos, skiing
deer, moose, and mountain goats.

Tanya found this trip very exhausting. She just
about had it  feet away from our house before having a total melt down.
I never saw a dog break down like that crying and howling.
 I must get out of this car!!!! Get me outa here!!!
I hate snow!!! Take me home!!!
She was also not used to playing second fiddle to a pup.

I must admit we all felt the same way as snow and long slow winding  mountain driving, with cliffs on both sides, do not mix. I don't call this kind of road a highway. We do not realize we are so spoiled until we see what the pioneers had to go through. Even worse than that.

 Is it no wonder they shut the highways down after a snow fall. They told us it was lucky we left when we did cause they were snowed in and blocked off from the rest of the world for 3 days.
We also didn't dare stop except at night, thinking we better get out of here before it's too late.
So again, no time for pics.

Bella's drive was serene. She slept and ate and slept and played in the snow.
She loves  snow and looks so pretty with the white fluff in her fur.Typical baby.

Tanya was soo happy to walk into her own house with her own stuff and freedom.
 It is verbotin to touch any of her toys,especially her balls. lol
But it is ok to steal Bellas' and God help Bella if she objects.
Even Beau doesn't cross that line.

I can see by Bellas' behavior she will not be intimidated for very long as she grows
so Tanya will find her match. lol
To watch my three dogs behave is so funny.

Bella, when she walked into our home looked confused.
Hunh? Where's Mom? Where's Dad? Where are the kids?
Hey!  What is this?
 Time flies.
She was 9 weeks when we got her and she is now 11.
After a week of love and caressing and nurturing, she feels right at home.
In fact she gained her bearings and filled her tummy, so there is nothing left to do but play
and look for trouble.
 Her little sharp teeth find my fingers in spite of all the chewies she has

As soon as Tanya walked in, Beau who was not her very favorite, was her best friend.
They were so glad to see each other and kissed for the longest time.
Then there came the issue of Bella.
Bella and Beau are the same words for beautiful or handsome.

Beau examined her and thought oh no, not another one.
My son brought his girl friends little pup Bear here and he bothers Beau to no end.
Beau ignores him or leaves the room. Bella is less aggressive and more polite.
At least she is for now.
If she gets too close, he kicks her gently with his hind paw, to say go away.
Old dogs find young ones annoying lol

The other day Bella got into one of her play moods She jumped and growled and played
till I finally told her Bella No. But she wouldn't stop so I picked her up cuddled her and put my lips behind her ear and growled. She did not expect that and yelped like a pup who thought she was going to die.
I did not expect that reaction and began to laugh and asked her: Did I scare you Bella??
Poor Bella.
She licked me with that:
 Whew!
That was a close one, kinda look.

The other dogs heard her yelp and immediately ran into the room to see what was up.
Especially Beau who lets the women chat but when push comes to shove, has the last word. lol
He knew the young chick was in trouble.
After seeing it was nothing, he nonchalantly turned around and went back to the front door to lie down to get some cool outside draft.

People think dogs are animals with no soul but animals are individuals just like people, with feelings
and characters.
It will be interesting to see how they begin to get along or not get along, where Tanya is concerned.
There is bound to be a show down between these two if Tanya doesn't change her behavior.
It doesn't look like Bella will submit to her.
Right now everything is a toy to Bella. Even the hair brushes.
I don't know how she will let anyone brush her if she sees a brush as a play thing. lol

Today Tanya watched Bella play with her ball and did nothing but once SHE begins to play, then watch out. No more Mr Nice Guy. Hopefully Tanya will begin to understand that you can't fight youth. She will remember what she was like as a pup, all full of energy.

Well life goes on.
New Year, New Life .
It was a wonderful Valentines Day getting this new puppy.
 My son is enjoying her .
She loves playing with him and pups are for the young. lol
But for us old guys she is a joy to watch, just like a new born babe.
xoxoxoxoxoxo



3 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Sandy she is. My Tanya is loosing teeth but still establishes authority over the little one. lol

Gattina said...

It's sad, I can't see the picture ! I just get "Displaying 100 ..., that's nice that you have a new dog ! 3 dogs, must be quite some work ! But a nice one !

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina I think the pic can be seen now.I see it on my side but I think people don't Thats picassa playing head games lol