Monday, August 19, 2013

A ROSE FROM THE HEART


I made two roses last night and I am so delighted with them.
I used Coats and Clarks South Maid thread.
Victory Red. 2.35 mm crochet hook, 72 chains.
I took many pictures but only got one clear one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94vYpcZ3W64

This You Tube video gave clear instructions and made it so simple
anyone can do it. It's not in wool and has a silky look to it.
Its small enough for doilies, hats, a pin for a coat or jacket,
and it would even look great as a necklace with a black ribbon.
The stars also got  used, to give it a Victorian look.
The picture would have looked better on a pink satin back ground but
 it's good enough to show on my blog.
Now I need to make leaves for it and then find things to adorn them on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Talking Centipede
 
A single guy decided life would be more fun if he had a pet.
So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted
to buy an unusual pet.
 
After some discussion, he finally bought a talking centipede,
(100-legged bug), which came in a little white box to use for
 his house.
 
He took the box back home, found a good spot for the box,
and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to church
with him.
 
So he asked the centipede in the box,
"Would you like to go to church with me today?
We will have a good time."
 
But there was no answer from his new pet.
 
This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then
asked again,  "How about going to church with me and receive
 blessings?"
 
But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet.
So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.
 
The guy decided to invite the centipede one last time.
 
This time he put his face up against the centipede's house and shouted,
"Hey, in there!  Would you like to go to church with me and learn
about God?"
 
.......YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS ......
 
 
This time, a little voice came out of the box,
"I heard you the first time!
I'm putting my shoes on!"
 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

4 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That's hilarious!

A Lady's Life said...

Those poor ol centipedes.lol
Just think if we had 4 legs.
I wonder if the shoes would wear out faster or slower?

Rick Watson said...

Those roses look like the ones Jilda's grandmother used to make. They are lovely.
R

A Lady's Life said...

They are so much fun to make rick