Monday, March 25, 2013

Family Nights

 
This is a painting  I made of a family.
My son asked me to put in the 50 cent tattoo after the rapper
and the dragon on the upper arm was my idea to depict I began painting it
 in the year of the dragon lol
and of course I am all for peace, so the peace sign.
It depicts todays' lifestyle where almost everyone and his Mother have tattoos.
People do these things to look or be seen as "individual", separate from the
status quo and yet they created a new status quo, since every one is doing it,
and so no one is different.

It's not finished, as nothing I do , ever is .lol
I always find more things to add to them or to fix.
 I hope to finish it this year when I get out my
paints and brushes.
That's hard to do with all the thread work I've been doing but the sunshine outside is giving me
incentive to change into painting, for summer.

 
This is something I got in an email and boy
does it take talent to create.
How can you eat something like this staring you in the face
with this great big jovial smile?
I wouldn't have the heart lol

Mary Mary Quite Contrary
What does your garden grow??
Men Mary!  Men!
Charming and daring,  full of mischief ,
 Men!  :)
------------

Corinthians 13 : 11 - ..

When I was a child, I spake as a child
I understood as a child, I thought as a child:
But when I became a man,
I put away childish things

For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face;
Now I know in part; but then Shall I know even as also I am known

And now abideth  faith, hope, charity,these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

13 - 2 
And though I have the gift of prophesy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge;
and though I have all faith,so that I could remove mountains and have not charity,
I am nothing.

I found this to be profound and poetic.
We all know the first passage but not how it relates to the whole.

You can do many great and good things in life but if it holds no charity,
you have done nothing.Kinda brings in  another
problem we have with the end justifying the means.

For we knoweth in part and we prophesy in part
But when that which is perfect is come, then that , which is in part
shall be done away.

Prophesies will fail,
Tongues shall cease,
Knowledge shall vanish.

Charity never faileth

If truth were ever spoken I can see and relate to it a lot, in these passages.

Xoxoxoxxooxxo


2 comments:

George said...

I really like your painting. It looks good to me, even if you say it's not finished. I agree with you about the meal on the plate -- I don't think I could eat it either.

A Lady's Life said...

George People do paintings and finish them quickly I always look for more things to do.

I look at art as if it was life, never ending till it ends.