Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Babes

 
In yellow grasses of fall
We find the babes .

Curled, they nest
In soft, warm beds below

Under fires of the trees
We find treasures, gifts of love

Precious eyes of sunset
Golden blessings

 Hidden, waiting for the snow
In the quiet of the night

Let me hide you, from the
howling winds and wolves

Let me cover you
Till it sprouts green of spring

Let me love you, till the dawn of time
Golden blessings
In soft beds below.

A Lady's Life




MONA LISA'S JEWISH MOTHER:
After all the money your father and I
spent on braces, this you call a smile?"

 
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS' JEWISH MOTHER:
I don't care what you've discovered, you didn't call, you didn't write."
 
MICHELANGELO'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"A ceiling you paint? Not good enough
for you the walls, like the other children?
 
Do you know how hard it is to get that
schmutz (dirt) off the ceiling?"

NAPOLEON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
You're not hiding your report card?
Show me! Take your hand out of your jacket now and show me!"
 
ABRAHAM LINCOLN'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Again with that hat! Why can't you wear
a baseball cap like the other kids?"
 
GEORGE WASHINGTON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Next time I catch you throwing money
across the Potomac , you can kiss your allowance good-bye!"
 
ALBERT EINSTEIN'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Your senior photograph and you couldn't
have done something with your hair?"
 
MOSES' JEWISH MOTHER:
"Desert, schmesert! Where have you
really been for the last forty years?"
 
BILL GATES' JEWISH MOTHER:
"It would have killed you to become a doctor?"
 
BILL CLINTON'S JEWISH MOTHER:
"Well, at least she was a nice Jewish girl, that Monica.

xoxoxoxoxo






10 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

It's good to have a sense of humor!

A Lady's Life said...

lol Sure is Sandy lol

Gattina said...

and she can't even sell it ! I mean Michelangelo's mother !
BTW my cat has so much hair that it forms not and that hurts. That's why I had to take the poor thing to the groomer to get the knots out ! She is a strange cat and runs away when she only sees a brush ! But with the groomer she is a very good cat.

A Lady's Life said...

gattina - oh I see .Like my big dog.
He sees me with scissors and runs away so does my little dog. They hate to be groomed. And to clip nails is even worse.

My little dog, after she is groomed, avoids me like the plague lol
I never hurt her but she just doesn't like it.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life - love your poem .. the waiting for a warmer life ahead ..

Good Mother's too ....

Cheers Hilary

Akelamalu said...

Beautiful poem LL!

Love the Jewish Mom speaks. LOL

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Akelamalu

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love the poem and the photo you selected to compliment it :)

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Butterfly :)