Monday, March 19, 2012

Perfect Love



They hang their heads in sorrow
Lamenting tulips
Not to see tomorrow.

The bright heads remain
To reign in this domain
Untouched by friend nor foe.

Lucky flowers,
Living for tomorrow.

A Lady's Life
----------------------------------
My neighbors young maple tree dried up because of all the people walking their dogs who let them pee on it.
They take leisurely walks up and down this street into the bog, with leashes long, not caring
that they are not alone. (God forbid you do this by their homes. lol)
As I have dogs in the house, every passing dog knows and gives out a sole bark just in front of the house.
It's a private joke I think, between dogs, meaning:
I'm taking a walk and pissing on your tree and you are still inside lol
So all heck breaks loose in my house as my dogs would love a piece of the action outside.
So unfair. lol

To give my tree a chance, I built a wooden box around it, filled it with soil and planted tulips , daffodils and
jasmine. All the tulip bulbs disappeared and the few flowers that did come out, the children would come and pick them to give their Mothers. lol
The Mothers were always upset thinking it would upset me but how can you be upset when a child picks flowers, he thinks are beautiful, to give his Mother?

I would stand and watch their little faces and saw nothing but pure love, as they took great care in choosing which flower they wanted to give her. :)

This is what a Mother lives for.
This is a Mothers' reward.:)

Today the boys have grown into young men and the daffodils that survived, seemed to spread a little after so many years of neglect.
I call them my brave little soldiers facing the elements of life and living.
A few Jasmine also survived.
I guess the squirrels don't like them either. lol

Life......Time.......Survival.......so poetic.
-----------------------------------------------------

Paddy and Mick get a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose.

They bag six.

As Paddy and Mick start loading the plane for the return trip, the pilot says, "The plane can only take four of those."

The two lads object strongly. "Last year we shot six, and the pilot let us put them all on board; he had the same plane as yours."

Reluctantly, the pilot gives in and all six are loaded.

However, even with full power, the little plane can't handle the load and down it goes and crashes in the middle of nowhere.

A few moments later, climbing out of the wreckage, Paddy asks Mick,

"Any idea where we are?"

"I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year," says Mick.

======================

Paddy & Mick find three grenades, so they take them to a police station.

Mick: "What if one explodes before we get there?"

Paddy: "We'll lie and say we only found two"!

=====================

Paddy says to Mick, "Christmas is on a Friday this year"

Mick says "Let's hope it's not the 13th."

==================

Mick walks into Paddy's barn and catches him dancing naked in front of a tractor.

Mick says, "Oh no, Paddy, what ya doing?"

Paddy says, "Well me and Mary haven't been getting on in the bedroom lately & the therapist recommended I do something sexy to attract her....

===================

The Irish have solved their own fuel problems.

They imported 50 million tons of sand from the Arabs and they're going to drill for their own oil.


Have a good one. :)
xoxoxoxo


2 comments:

George said...

We've had problems with tulip bulbs disappearing from our beds as well, but that just causes us to appreciate the survivors even more.
I enjoyed your Irish stories.

A Lady's Life said...

George I believe they are tasty bulbs.
lol

My grand mothers bulbs were planted 2 feet deep so no squirrel would dig that far down to get them.