Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Path of My Heart



The golden leaves cover the country side
I follow them in the rain
Behind the old maples and birch
I still see you walking on the leafy path
Your eyes as clear as the deep blue sky
And my heart is brightly lit
because your love keeps me alive.
I see you smile in the quiet of the field.
I smell the aroma of fall as it encases
All the secrets and treasures of my heart
The words spring forth as from a brook
No one can contain
And love stays
Resurrected
Like Christ on the cross
Bleeding and forgiving
Keeping doors open so
Frost melts as it steps through.

I love you
In this favorite of all woods
Our love is pure and treasured
And true as the golden leaves
Of the country side.
A LAdy's Life.





Enjoy

8 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

That is really beautiful!

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Mama Zen

SandyCarlson said...

I'm with Mama Zen. Beautiful and loving and gentle. The gentleness felt very good this Sunday evening when I don't feel good at all.

A Lady's Life said...

Oh Sandy I am so sorry. I hope you feel much better soon.

Pranavam Ravikumar said...

Good one..! I enjoyed it.

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful melancholic poem and what a beautiful music too...
I truly enjoyed both.;)
xoxo

A Lady's Life said...

Pranavam - Thanks

A Lady's Life said...

Zuzana I love gypsy music and Tangos
I remember my Dad playing similar music on his guitar. It just perfect for a bonfire.