Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Christmas Collection


It's gettin to that time of year again
when we begin siftin sortin and dustin through all the boxes and
all the memories that come along with the job.
My how time does fly.
Where did it all go?
Now we just have pictures to remind us
of the cheery little rosy
faces and the love of family and friends.

I'm busy going through all these boxes
little bits and pieces of the past
which now have to be pieced together
for each child to see his life , growing up.

Yes its come to that time when parents
have to do this sort of thing.
I never thought the day would come
when it would be my turn to do this.

Every picture I look at makes me grateful I still have a picture to look at
and feel sad for so many out there who have lost such irreplaceable
moments of their lives captured in shots which can only be taken once in a lifetime.
The only way to recoup them is if you shared them with someone who still has them
to share back with you.

Hope you have a safe peaceful day.
xoxoxoxoxo


6 comments:

George said...

It's amazing how time seems to pass faster each year. We've started thinking about Christmas, but haven't begun pulling out boxes. I'm sure that will happen the day after Thanksgiving.

A Lady's Life said...

george - your thanksgiving is way too late lol

Gattina said...

That's funny usually I never think about Christmas decoration so early, but this year my little Grandson is coming too so I was looking if I still had everything ! The last years we always celebrated in Amsterdam with my son, this time they are coming to Waterloo.

A Lady's Life said...

gattina - kids sure make a difference

Akelamalu said...

Memories of your children growing up are very precious. x

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu - It sure is.
Memories are precious.