Thursday, February 28, 2013

That's Entertainment.

 
I like to have one display room and this was one such room where I put all my treasures.
It made you feel like you were entering a special place and you felt good.
Pictures of your children, collectible toys, elephant collections, special little things you got from children as gifts. I had a blue and gold vase collection.
Slowly they disappear and only God knows where.
You go out of your way to put things in order and then open the box to discover things missing
like the chinese doll on the bed had a male friend and they were always together but now the male is gone and only paper remains. Mystery indeed.
 I hope it is just mislaid but if it isn't then I guess someone else needed it more than I did  lol
People like to help themselves when they visit so I don't put many things out anymore.
I had a lovely mandolin my husband brought from Russia when he went on a business trip there
and a child entered the home and took it and then broke it in his yard.
He was three and always running to our house.
His Mother returned it saying my son did it but my son never had an interest to touch these things and he was never allowed to go out of the house without supervision.
But that is another story.
In Singapore women do many things like going to flower arranging
classes and what fun we had doing that.
This was where we learned never to make red and white arrangements because it represented blood and bandages.( I love red and white) . Rather disappointing.
Arrangements were popping up everywhere as flowers were cheap
and affordable to do such things at home. My home very quickly filled up with some exquisite
formations which we then had to bring to class to display and compare.
Teachers lucked out because the kids would then bring them arrangements from home.
Here in Canada, we have to grow our own gardens if we want to do the same
but then I am always hesitant to cut flowers as they look so nice on the plant. lol

Why would I want an arrangement if I can have a fence of fragrant flowers all arranged by nature?
Spring cherry trees and apple trees are my favorite.
They last longer, look beautiful,and the wind blows a nice fragrance into the house.
They also attract birds and bees.
If you live far enough from other houses setting up a beehive is not such a bad idea.

Many times I thought of setting up a see through tent, filling it up with flower pots and putting in a bee hive.
Naturally you would have to be covered to enter it but you would have your flowers and natural honey for winter as well a beautiful bees which are friendly little things as opposed to wasps.

In any event bees and wasps don't care where you live.
They set up shop anywhere they want to, even in a busy front yard, as long as it has fruit trees and flowers.
I remember once they set up shop under a tree, which I planted in a 4 x 4 x 2'h  box to keep the dog walkers' dogs from peeing on it. Once one dog pees , all the other dogs walking by, have to give it a shot and the whole day the poor tree gets water logged and finally dries out and dies. lol

They were not bees but wasps and not very friendly.
I had to get out of the car there and was always surrounded by them but thankfully never bit.
They somehow knew I lived there but anyone else would have a hard time
 walking by the  house. Every day I would hear screeches in the front yard. lol
I'd look out and see people dancing.
It was quite entertaining lol

Well at least they kept the dogs from peeing on the tree and dogs from walking on the property lol

Eventually I had to hose them out of there and teach them that they need to find a better home,
 somewhere else.

Some would say never a dull moment but I say
That's Entertainment lol

xoxoxoxo

6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

You always have me smiling and feeling good. Thank you so much.

And thanks for your comment on my blog.

A Lady's Life said...

Welcome Sandy.
Your make me smile as well on your blog.

Gattina said...

So you too have the child in the woman, lol ! I have my cat collection all over the house and in a vitrine and on shelves !

Just Be Real said...

Thank you for sharing....

A Lady's Life said...

Oh Ya Gattina
We creative gals need inspiration and what better way than from within the walls of your own home.
This is what makes a house a home.
When you walk inside you feel the person living in it.

A Lady's Life said...

Welcome just be real.