Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One True Thing



This is a powerful story and so much out of life it can relate to many of us out in the real world.
I took part 10 of the movie here because this is my very favorite part
which really discloses the heart of this sick dying woman, what life and marriage meant to her.
What love truly was.
So much tragedy culminating in brining people together because of one strong woman.

I loved this movie....One True Thing. It's on you tube to watch in segments if you don;t see it on TV or own the movie.

Enjoy.
:)

6 comments:

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

That's a wonderful movie, based on the semi-autobiographical novel of the same name by Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Anna Quindlen. it's fascinating to see the depiction of her at 19 with her dying mother, a truly pivotal time in her life. You might be interested in seeing how the daughter (now 60 years old) absorbed and made her own her mother's wise words in her newest book -- a collection of essays on aging called "Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake." I just finished reading it and it's truly wonderful!

A Lady's Life said...

Oh Wow! Yes I'd love to read it.
Thanks Dr McCoy

Gattina said...

This movie is new to me. Probably it hasn't come out yet here. Must be a very good one !

BlueShell said...

That movie seems great! It is not here, yet, in Portugal...
I'l try to see it somehow!
I Thank YOU!
BShell

A Lady's Life said...

gattina - it's been around a while now.It's not new but you can watch it on you tube

A Lady's Life said...

welcome blue shell