Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How Sweet It Is.

 
At the Felicos, Greek Restaurant in Richmond, we were treated
so well.
Not only was the Maitre D so helpful and funny but he was also so sure
of the food presented in his restaurant.

We loved it and smacked our lips at every bite, of a wide variety of food.
The famous Greek Salad, lamb, squid, sultry shrimp,spinakopia, moussaka, and I forget what else.
Mango lassi made of yogurt and mango was delicious
and the cheese cake was devine.

The Irish Coffee that followed was soo good and generous,
 but I thought I better not drink it since it looked like I was going to be the driver. lol
So my husband enjoyed two tall cups while I enviously watched.lol
My son shared in the cherry on top of a huge whipped creme topping.

My son will always be my baby and as I saw him eat the cherry,
I saw the little boy in him I so miss.
I had my share of this great coffee, the next time we went out
when there was no driving involved.

Cheese Cake.

Is there a more decadent beautiful tasty piece of desert one could have?
It's only followed  by Napoleon Cake with its' rich custard.
MMMMM.

Hope you have a wonderful place like this to enjoy by your house.
Since I've been home I made lassi drinks almost every night out of
yogurt  strawberries and bananas with a tad of honey
What I nice refreshing drink to have watching tv at night.

This is a video you will enjoy a lot from BBC
:)

12 comments:

♥●• İzdihër •●♥ said...

Mouth watering post
Mad love Mango lassi

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

I think I gained five pounds just reading this post!!! Our favourite restaurant looks like a dive. The food is divine! But now I want to try YOUR restaurant. Sigh! Some people are just never satisfied! :)

Zuzana said...

I recall a Richmond in Virginia, but that can not be the same place as you are in Canada.;)
There is nothing like a great culinary experience.;) And as far as I recall from some of your previous posts, you have a very handsome son.;))
xoxo

Diana said...

What a wonderful video! Such beautiful an interesting sights. And that food sounds oh so YUMMY!!!
Lucky Gal!! Love Di ♥

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Isdiher

A Lady's Life said...

Diane - Thats how I feel when I read other peoples posts and they put pics of all the food lol

A Lady's Life said...

Zuzana No we are WAY on the other side by Washington State

A Lady's Life said...

Diana I loved the video and yes what a wonderful world we live in if only we'd learn to enjoy that more than destruction.

George said...

That cheesecake looks absolutely delicious. There are very few things I like more. I'm glad you were finally able to enjoy some of that Irish coffee.

A Lady's Life said...

george - I never drink when I know I have to drive.I also maintain my car and get upset when other parents give their cars to kids to drive which are not in good running order.It makes me feel like I am doing my best to keep their kids safe in my car while they don't give a hoot about my son in theirs.
Just sayin lol

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life - you had sponokapita - I make that quite often and love it .. the Greek lamb, squid, sultry shrimp - all sounds delicious then followed by the mango and yoghurt cheesecake .. very yummy ..

Sounds a happy time .. cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Hilary for the correction. It's all Greek to me lol