Thursday, May 24, 2012

Arnica Flowers

 
Now these are flowers I see often in the wilderness.
Apparently you can find cremes made from them to use for joint pain.
It is supposed to be as strong as ibuprophen.
I was told Ibuprophen destroys the liver and is not good for you
to take internally, daily.

So I guess I will look to see if I can either buy some creme from the natural food store
to see if it works. My knees have become painful from all the wet weather we have here in BC.
If it does, I may go on a crusade to collect them and try to make my own cremes.lol

Dandelions, another weed we kill, is required for our dwindling bee population.
Honey, has extreme benefits for the immune system
It is also very healthy for people as it's full of anti oxydents.
Great as an anti inflammatory and for the spleen and liver, it's
rich in calcium, chromium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, selenium, silicon, zinc
Eat the leaves fresh in salads or boil them.
I remember our Italian neighbors used to grow huge dandelion crops in summer.
Clip off the yellow flower blossoms and cook them:
1 cup milk , 1/2 tsp. salt, 1 egg, 1 cup flour,  pinch of pepper,  Dandelion blossom,  shot of cooking oil

Wow!

Now I've become a weed eater lol

Chick weed and clover tea is also great as an anti cancer  brew.

So now you have tons to do this summer out on the plains of our great and beautiful country.




xoxoxoxoxox

10 comments:

Diana said...

I tried everything for my knees. Everything! I finally started to get shots of cortisone and Synvisc. After a year the shots didn't work anymore so I went and got myself two new knees. I had a total bilateral knee replacement. It was the best thing I've ever done. I have my life back, pain free.
At that point they were bone on bone and I was starting to use a wheel chair at 53!
I should be good for 30 years now. It's amazing.
I've always wondered about the Dandelions.I just never knew how to cook them, Thanks! Love Di ♥

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the recipe and information concerning Dandelions! I happen to think they are beautiful flower and do my best not to mow them until I absolutely have to. We also have Honey Bees here so its pure joy to see our “ladies” in the flowers.

John and Ellen
connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

George said...

Thanks for all the interesting information. I knew about the benefits of honey, but the benefits of Arnica flowers are new to me. I'm also glad to learn about the benefits of all the dandelions we have around here.

A Lady's Life said...

Diana - I'd have to be pretty desperate to do that kind of drastic operation . I still believe they can scrape the bone and implant new cartilege (your own) and life will go on. I think Doctors take the easy way out not thinking about how people have to live
If you can, it's best to keep your own bones. Your body can perform miracles if you know what it needs to do so.

A Lady's Life said...

John and Ellen - I think we need to let go of the idea of golf green grass and adapt to nature as opposed to nature adapting to us.
Its better this way.

A Lady's Life said...

George - Its amazing the things we do not know. When we plant gardens we should plant plants that are beneficial to man.

A Lady's Life said...

Diana - http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2010/02/cartilage.html

This is a new technique they are working with

Diana said...

Thanks for the info! Although I still would have had the surgery. It wasn't my doctor pushing me. It was all of the pain and not being able to do anything without it that made the decision for me.
It's not for everybody, but I am very strong willed which helped with my recovery.
I can dance, hike, ride my bike and walk without pain and it's wonderful. I feel blessed that this technology was available for me.
I ride my bike five miles a day now and can chase my grandchildren around. So for me it was a good thing. But as I said, it's not for everybody, you have to be very positive to go through it.
Love Di ♥

A Lady's Life said...

Diana - that's why my friend also had her hip done because of the pain.
Pain is the worst thing It makes you miserable all the time. But I still think doctors should be forced to do other procedures. They let it go with cortisone shots until it's too late for anything to be done except cut off bones.If you sit in a wheel chair anyway, after doing the procedure you can still sit until everything heals properly and keep your own bones.
But people jump on the bone cutting so they do that instead It's quicker and easier for them.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. sounds like you've got some good advice here .. and thoughts to think about. It's a pain getting older - but good luck with making adjustments .. I must make some effort too ..

Cheers Hilary