Friday, May 11, 2012

A Day in the Life......



Today was a beautiful hot day!!!!!

We went out to do some errands and enjoyed this view from Fraser Heights.
This is from a hilly street, looking down into the valley and as you can see, everything is green and lush again.
Some of the mountains have more snow on them.
Last time I could hardly see any snow at all.
There was a fresh breeze blowing in from them .
I came home in a good mood.
My son and his friend were hungry so I quickly made them steak with onions and mushrooms, broccoli and fries.
They ate and went to get haircuts and to get me my dog and cat food.
I just noticed I put the wrong year down for the picture lol
I wonder what kind of Freudian slip this was lol
I noticed that the traffic is certainly increasing and new buildings are popping up everywhere.
We are slowly losing our Beautiful BC to traffic and people and crime.

Just to think that even where we live, close to the Alex Fraser Bridge, there are bears, coyotes and wolves that still appear. When my second son was little, he and his Dad went in the bog for a bike ride when three huge wolves came out onto the path. My husband grabbed my son and high tailed it out of there.
Another time a mangy coyote followed my son quietly into the school area with his eye on our
little dog.
A jogger told my son he was being stalked  so he grabbed his little dog and ran away from the coyote.
We don't go out much now anymore as a result of this.
You don't want to fight with hungry wild animals.

Today in the news, someone in Quebec was putting used syringes, needle up, with blood in them, into pockets of pants and shorts in 5 stores. Zellers was mentioned.
A few people picked themselves with them and now are afraid of getting aids.

Another bit was about three bears being killed for eating sheep

and the third bit was about a Russian plane hitting a mountain in Indonesia killing the 55 people aboard.
They were executives and potential buyers of this plane. lol
Nice going Russia !!! lol

Well now I made spaghetti and meat sauce for my guys  and they are hungry again
Seems they have holes in their stomachs lol

Hope you all had a great day!!!
xoxoxoxoxo





4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

An incredible view, and an amazing post!

A Lady's Life said...

thanks sandy

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's life - what a lovely part of the world you live in .. but wild bears and wolves AND coyotes .. too much - but it's their world too I guess and we're encroaching ..

Beautiful photo .. one day I'll get back to BC and spend some time .. cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary - They aren't always there lol I had a wolf in my back yard and he slept in my house. He ended up being domesticated and he ran away from home. I told the SPCA He was a huge shepherd and asked if any one lost one and a couple came and it was their wolf. He was so happy and loving when he saw them. Until then he was depressed and sad. If I had told the SPCA he was a wolf, they would not have gotten him back. But he was gorgeous, huge and so well behaved.
but it being BC and with nature being destroyed through logging and over fishing, we see animals encroach into human land.

I think the three bears that were killed might have been part of the group this marijuana couple were feeding on their property.They were eating dog food. Those were harmless bears used to people
So now they are close to farm lands and with no one feeding them, sheep look pretty good. lol

In any event you don't want to find out if they are friendly or not.That would be coming too close to them.