Saturday, March 3, 2012

Who We Are.



I feel the pen quivering in my hand
with ever word I write.
Words engage my mind into feelings
which keep me alive.
I sing and dance to awaken my inner self
I cry to cleanse my soul of toxicity,
to set it free to fly into the light
I laugh and scream so anger leaves me and
I care not who hears me
For life's a dream,
A play, we leave behind.

A day will come when we are forced to awaken
from the dream, into true reality.
A reality, void of all the troubles we create
Within ourselves, just to keep it in real mode.

We'll see ourselves floating in a bubble,
As spectators,
To expressions of trouble in the outside world.

Our world is peaceful, without pain and sorrow,
But our nature, our need, to innovate, is real.
We can't wait for the curtain to rise
To express our dreams and fold into them,
As pages in a book, to tell a story
Of how a pin, pricked our finger so it bled red.
Of how vile a feeling it was to eat of something
putrid, which turned our flesh into yellow rot.
Or of how it was, to regenerate, rebuild into something beautiful again
Someone could actually fall in love with.
Or how one could love someone so ugly on the outside and
yet see how precious and beautiful the person was inside
we couldn't live a day without.

Who are we?
Are we real or floating in a bubble, dreaming, acting,
Wishing for sorrow and joy to ebb and flow
into our true state of existence?
Do we ripple from beyond recognition
Amplifying our existence into space
beyond our reach hoping someone would create us
into living bodies and then take pictures to send us back
in waves to fly by our bubbles so we could see our work
as we wrote them
with the quivering pen in our hand.

A Lady's Life

2 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Good morning beautiful. I love this poem. You have said some words here that touch me to the core.

"Or of how it was, to regenerate, rebuild into something beautiful again
Someone could actually fall in love with."

Love you and your gift to speak to my spirit.

Hugs for an awesome day!
China

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks butterfly :)