Friday, March 16, 2012

Like a Rock



One can't get over the power and magnificence of horses as seen in this statue.
The old masters had a good eye to display the meaning these loyal steeds had to men of war.

Loyal brave gallant honorable.
They gave up their lives for men, not so gallant, brave loyal and honorable.

Little twists life plays on both man and beast.
But to sit and look at it, is breath taking.
:)
----------------------------------------

Frozen Crabs & the Blonde Stewardess

A lawyer boarded an airplane in New Orleans , with a box of frozen crabs, and asked a blonde stewardess to take care of them for him.

She took the box and promised to put it in the crew's refrigerator.

He advised her that he was holding her personally responsible for them staying frozen, mentioning in a very haughty manner that he was a lawyer, and proceeded to rant at her about what would happen if she let them thaw out.

Needless to say, she was annoyed by his behavior.

Shortly before landing in New York , she used the intercom to announce to the entire cabin, "Would the lawyer who gave me the crabs in New Orleans , please raise your hand?"

Not one hand went up ... so she took them home and ate them.

Two lessons here:

1. Lawyers aren't as smart as they think they are.

2. Blondes aren't as dumb as most folk think.

---------------------------------------------

Three old guys are out walking. First one says, 'Windy, isn't it?' Second one says, 'No, it's
Thursday!' Third one says, 'So am I. Let's go get a beer.'
----------------------------------------------
A man was telling his neighbor, 'I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four
thousand dollars, but it's state of the art. It's perfect.' 'Really,'
answered the neighbor. 'What kind is it?' 'Twelve thirty.'
------------------------------------------------

:)

10 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

IZDiher lol

Russell said...

Okay. You made me laugh! Heh! Actually more than once ..

Like the lawyer joke. Reminds me of one of my favorite lawyer jokes but it is a bit ... edgy. Maybe I will tell you if you like. It was on my Lawyers Joke a Day calendar - but not one I would tell me classes .... heh1

Beautiful statute. Where is it?

Enjoyed stopping by.

A Lady's Life said...

lol I don't mind jokes.

I get plenty bad ones but I can't blog them lol

The statue is located in Bordeau France.

This is one reason I'd love to live in Europe and Italy for a while, just to be able to sit around such places.
As a girl I always loved looking at them.

George said...

Thanks for ending my day with some smiles. I enjoyed the photo of the fountain as well.

Rob-bear said...

Lots of strange things happen. Thank you for sharing those.

And, yes, horses do wonders for people.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. the statues are so amazing aren't they .. I always admire them ..

Now your story of the frozen crabs is just great - and so true .. and a good laugh ..

Cheers Hilary

Gattina said...

The poor horses I am sure they would have prefered to stay in a nice green prairie !

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks guys. :)

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

I do, and always have, loved horses. How they smell. How they feel when you put your arms around their neck and smash your face into it. Their breath on your cheek. I'm always glad when I find another fan! And I loved your jokes! You always have such fun ones! I've got to show these to my Husby, who, between you and I, needs a hearing aid!!!

A Lady's Life said...

Diane - I think all husbies are hard of hearing except when you don;t want them to hear lol
Then they are all ears. lol