Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Patates Croc Pot



J'aime les patates!!
Here is a way to grow them in a city so keep it in mind for next year.

Another way 30'bed x 18inches wide = 145 pounds of potato yield.
sweet potato is even better more nutritious and stores better.
You get 5-10 potatoes from one seed potato with two rooters



I am always looking for ways to do things at home esp container planting. using less space.

Another way is to use a big pot or bucket and begin at the bottom and keep filling it to the top with compost
mushroom manure and straw.

I guess you can always find ways to entertain yourself. lol even in winter.
--------------------------------------------------------

Here is a book that seems to be very popular to read:  After Midnight.

http://www.mhpbooks.com/books/after-midnight/?id=510

---------------------------------------------------------
I made croc pot soup with lamb and it came out very good.
I added dumplings.
Now that I know how to do this I guess I can make gnocci and stuffed ravioli
for the croc pot as well. They are easy to freeze.

The dogs took off after a rabbit today which came to eat my tomatoes.
My husband said he saw a Mom with babies the other day.
All the dogs are doing is hunting now.

Poor Bunnies.

We see a lot of bunnies but you have to watch very early in the morning.


Have a Zipidee day!!
xoxoxoxoxxo

4 comments:

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm hungry now...Lol

You got me thinking about my empty crock pot...

Going to make some beefstew this weekend.

Thanks for the thought :0

Love you!!!

A Lady's Life said...

It's great Butterfly! I keep filling it up. I made home made ravioli with meat stuffing and it tastes great in the lamb bouillion.

add quinoa and green peas as well.
Had potatoes in it but they are gone lol
I do refills 3, 4 times and then begin a new pot. Its good to come home and have something hot waiting for you.

Rick Watson said...

Last year we grew potatoes in a planter. They came out great. This year it rained so much, almost nothing grew.

A Lady's Life said...

Rick That sucks I would think it would be easier to control in a planter wouldn't it?