Monday, September 30, 2013

Fairies Dragons and Myths.




John Lennon
“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
John Lennon

Wise words spoken by people who have achieved greatness and yet we rob our children of greatness and wisdom, in schools and in life.

My very favorite moments in life were lying in bed with my children and them asking me to tell them a story.

I read many books in those days and would just love to see the reaction on their faces as they watched my
face and expression reading to them. The words ebbed and flowed like waves in the sea.
You would be the actor on the stage and anything and everything was possible.

You transformed yourself from a witch, to a bear, to a monkey, to a fairy, to a king, and to a Doctor in the deepest darkest Africa who flew on wings of eagles to meet so many sick animals who came asking for help of the good hearted doctor.
When your eyebrows went up the childs' went up .When your voice cried in tears, their little mouths would curl in pain feeling the suffering and when the story rejoiced, big open smiles and eyes would show you their delicate little souls.

Sometimes we had no books and then I would have to make stories up and I wish today I remembered what I told them cause they laughed and laughed egging me on to tell them more.

I talked so much until we would  get tired and the words would drift off as we would fall asleep, curled up in each others arms, in this other world of dreams.
The next day they would run up to me asking me to tell them the same story from the night before and I couldn't remember what it was I told them. Sometimes they would be so intrigued that when I would doze off, they lay with eyes wide open, thinking out the rest of the story in their heads.

And then one day, they leave your breast and go to school and the world , which fill their heads with other stories and other realities and other people, some nice and some not so nice.

But you hope some things still remain like the lessons of Mark Twain in his famous quotes:

If you pick up a starving dog and make him wealthy, he won't bite the hand that feeds it
and this is the difference between dog and man.

Don't say the world owes you a living. It doesn't. It was here first.


Always do right  . It will gratify some and astonish the rest.

If you wait for the moment, for a Prince to rescue you from a tower, as in the story of Rupunzel,
you'll be waiting for a long time for something that will never happen .

A story is as real as life . Life is as real as any story because life is a story.
It is a story lived by every person differently and yet still the same.

In the famous interview with God where he was asked what surprised him about humans, he replied.:

They get bored with childhood, rush to grow up, and then want to be children again.
They lose their health to make money and then lose money to regain their health.
Thinking about the future they forget about the present, so they live  neither in the present nor the future.
They live as though they will never die, and they die as though they never lived.

Throughout time, nothing really changes. We are all connected, the fairies,  dragons, the myths the
night mares .....
and God.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox





4 comments:

Gattina said...

When I was a little girl I wanted to be a princess ! (with a crown of course)

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina and today you are to many people. It was a beautiful dream.
I dreamed I was Zena the warrior Princess lol

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Beautiful, beautiful post My Lady.
This was such a delight to read.

I love the conversation w/God and the quote by Mark Twain.

I wished that I had memories of reading to my children. I was too busy working (a lot). Today, I'm so grateful that we are friends and talk for hours. I wouldn't trade them for anything...

Well...maybe a puppy. Lol

LOVE YOU sweet friend!
fsb

A Lady's Life said...

Butterfly I sure loved being a Mother and now they have both grown up and gone their own way and I hardly ever see them.That's life.So enjoy while you can, when you can.