What will they come up with next? lol
Why Some Men are Rabbits and others not.
How you live does affect you.
My son looked into the fridge the other day and lately he's into looking at expiration dates.
Milk is his specialty He kept telling me the milk we had in our fridge is expired.
I tried telling him this means nothing. You could buy milk and it goes bad the next day but this milk was fine.
Besides it was at the bottom and if it is still good for coffee what's his beef?He huffed and puffed and shook his head and walked out.
So Momma being Momma took out some expired milk called yogurt and expired milk called buttermilk
and expired milk called sour creme and found what looks like a delicious Martha Stewart chicken recipe:
- vegetable oil, for baking sheet
- 8 slice(s) white bread
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) hot-pepper sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) (2 1/2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 4 pound(s) chicken parts (preferably legs, thighs, and wings), rinsed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Generously rub a baking sheet with oil. In a food processor, pulse bread until it turns into coarse crumbs.
- In a large bowl, stir together buttermilk, hot-pepper sauce, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan, thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk mixture, turning to coat evenly. Working with one piece at a time, remove chicken from liquid, letting excess drip back into bowl; dredge in the breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat evenly. Place coated chicken pieces on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- Just goes to show that expired milk is good for you and you don't die from it.
Yesterday we went to Boston Pizza. I ordered a pizza which was very good and my husband ordered Spaghetti Bolognaise with meat balls. It said meat balls so you naturally assume it is beef and not chicken. He ate one and some of the spaghetti and took the rest home. Thank fully he did not eat much because he is allergic to chicken and seems the meat balls were chicken. I tried one today and you can't really tell because they grind the meat into paste and it doesn't have much of a taste. I gave the food to the dogs so as not to throw it out. My husband was sick most of the night with joint pain and fever. So I wonder why so many people today suffer from allergies to chicken. The eggs are ok. I know the meat today has no taste. Even the soup bouillon doesn't taste good There is no flavor. So what is different from yesterdays chicken from todays' chicken? I think this is a fair question to ask our government since they take over everything we eat. Mass production never replaces small farm production. Local is better and people just have to stop and think about it and promote the small farmer. Nothing wrong in having a small farm in a town or city or even a chicken coup in the back yard with a few chickens or ducks. Same with fish. We should raise small frye in our tanks to throw into clean rivers and our cities should provide schools with the fish they want to see in their area. Simple is better.
HE MUST PAY
Husband and wife had a tiff. Wife called up her mom and said, "He
fought with me again, I am coming to live with you."
Mom said, "No darling, he must pay for his mistake. I am coming to
live with you.
Today's Short Reading from the Bible...
From Genesis: "And God promised men that good and obedient wives would
be found in all corners of the earth."
Then He made the earth round...and He laughed and laughed and laughed!