Monday, April 29, 2013

Summer Sizzle

 
We said goodbye to our old BBQ and brought the new guy in.
We have two now. One for the beach with charcoal and this gas one.
This one came with a long chain.
We wondered what it was and they said it was to ground the BBQ
in cases of lightning because there is a gas tank attached to it.
Scary. All these years and we never knew about that.
Live and learn.
Men get soo excited when it comes to BBQ.
My husband can't wait for the BBQ sardines
I can't get my son to cook but here he was enjoying flipping tex burgers
and steak. lol
I guess every one must be doing it so he wants to invite his friends over
to try his cooking for a change.
No complaints here.
He can cook away.
Supper  went well with  cold, noncoholic beer.
Well the noncoholic Bloody Mary is good too.

We fix it up with ingredients which makes it taste like it has alcohol but it doesn't
and it makes all the difference.
You can have just as much fun without the booze part.

But when the guests come then of course come the wine and beer and maybe even a touch of brandy,
depending for a night cap.

We shut off our heating yesterday because it was too hot in the house and it was nice to sleep but this morning it is chilly and windy outside so we are waiting for the sun to warm things up.
BC weather is unpredictable.
One minute it is burning hot and the next cold.
One moment you see sunny skies and then this cloud comes in and it rains half the day.

I remember one summer it was perfect. It rained every night and the days were sunny and hot.
These are the best summers when this happens.

Well , we started a bit early this year with summer activities.
I think its a good sign for every one to be looking forward to it.
These dull wet winters wear you down and it is good to feel the sun on your back.

Something to be said for rum filled dessert too :)


 

xoxoxoxxoxoxo







6 comments:

Lorna said...

Looks like things are going well for you all there in Canada. The part about the gas grill *is* scary!

A Lady's Life said...

Lorna - Yes cause ours was outside all these years and we thought about shade but never lightning.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hiya .. I love BBQ sardines .. I'll be over! You sound well organised for your BBQs ...love them - cheers Hilary

Akelamalu said...

You will think this strange but MWM absolutely HATES BBQs!

A Lady's Life said...

Oh I can't take credit here It's the guys Hilary lol
but I enjoy eating, especially lamb
Yesterday my son had a steak, chilli and rice and my husband and I just ate chilli with rice. But the meat is always being marinated. lol
Portugal sardines are great!

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu _ I do find this very strange lol
Just the smell alone wafting through the air makes my mouth water.