Monday, February 27, 2012

One of Natures' Tricks



Rita Hayward was another actress very pleasant to the eye.
Her soft voice in Mame and her red hair, was seen acting with all the best actors of her day.
It's funny she didn't like to dance as a kid but it paid off and brought her to shine
with the stars.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your scent kept me awake last night
Strong willed I watched you soar
Into the deep blue horizon
Of a mid day sky

To love an Eagle is risquee
An Eagles' love is madness
No sight unseen from its' clear eyes and
Masculine precision.

I watched you from a limb, of an apple blossom tree
Pink and white and floral I hid, but you saw me.
You lunged, your wings spread eight feet wide
To land here on the limb of
My pretty floral cloud, fluffy pink and slim

And I fell on the ground, because of all the weight
I kept falling, when I watched you climbing, so far out .
I seemed to keep on falling, every time you were around
The cutting edge of your sword like claws
Always made me frown.

But you were kind in your approach.
You found me where I lay
You urged me to get off the ground
To fly for food that day

You nourished me like a small child
In the nest you built, and now
In your old age, here I stand,
Stead fast

Your scent kept me awake each night
Strong willed, I watched you soar
But in the end , we're all the same
Needy, in our time

Today you're strong and powerful and
Tomorrow, here you are
One of natures' tricks my friend
So sad .....but there you are.

A Lady's Life

--------------------------------------------

SHAVE & HAIRCUT

An old man walks into the barbershop for a shave and a haircut, but he tells the barber he can't get all his whiskers off because his cheeks are wrinkled from age.

The barber gets a little wooden ball from a cup on the shelf and tells him to put it inside his cheek to spread out the skin.

When he's finished, the old man tells the barber that was the cleanest shave he's had in years.

But he wanted to know what would have happened if he had swallowed that little ball.

The barber replied, "Just bring it back in a couple of days like everyone else does".

Enjoy your day!

No comments: