Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dearly Deeply My Love is Sworn


A lonely star
A lonely rose
A bursting heart
So full of love.

A song that echoes through the land
Over white cliffs and sand
Across the oceans frothy waves
Dearly and deeply my love is sworn

Today... tomorrow my cross I'll bear
I'll wait forever if you dare
And love will spare your life for me
I'll see you here and there and there

A lonely star
A lonely rose
A wondrous thought
And you're ne'er alone.

A life is short and yet so long
A tear is wet and dry and strong
The longest road along the shore
Dearly deeply my love is sworn.

A Lady's Life

8 comments:

Zuzana said...

You are a very poetic soul and I can perceive this is a self biography. Lovely and passionate choice of words.;)
xoxo

SandyCarlson said...

Tender and beautiful!

Free Spirit Butterfly said...

So very gentle. It flows so passionately. I love it. Your talents are truly amazing. Thank you for putting this work of art out into the Universe. I printed it.

Love for a great day.
The butterfly :)

Magia da Inês said...

Belo poema... o amor se mistura à natureza... criando uma bela imagem poética.
Boa semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil
✿⊱╮
¸.•°`♥✿⊱╮

George said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem with us. I really like it.

Rob-bear said...

Ah, Sunday afternoon. A melancholy poem. (Should have a glass of wine with it, but, no.)

Thanks for sharing!

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks guys.
I will let every one derive their own meaning from the poem as it applies to them :)

Diane Stringam Tolley said...

This poem speaks to me of love. Love gives us so much. A friend. A companion. Fulfilment. Beautifully done!