Monday, March 23, 2009

Stone Henge Mystery Solved.

Stonehenge Mystery Solved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRRDzFROMx0

Hope you can get it.

It might take a few seconds for the video to come up.Then just click on start arrow.
This is truly amazing and well worth watching.
For hundreds, maybe thousands of years, people have been trying to figure out how primitive people could build huge structures such as Stonehenge and the pyramids out of stone blocks weighing thousands of pounds. Scientists have been stumped.
Then along comes a normal guy - a retired construction worker - and he says well, I would do it like this. And he does.. This guy uses the simplest tools known to man and shows how simple and easy it would have been to create Stonehenge
This is a really great video clip. Amazing how this guy could figure out something that has confounded scholars for centuries. And not only figures it out, but demonstrates it!
This guy could build a replica of Stonehenge single-handedly, while a committee of 20 or 30 Civil Engineering professors from leading universities would be debating how it might be done.
' Stonehenge Reloaded'. You have got to see this....

4 comments:

sarsen56 said...

Moving the stones was one aspect (easier on a flat concrete base!) but designing it - and the accuracy of its setting out, was something else:

http://sarsen56.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Where do you get all these ideas from
JDS

A Lady's Life said...

sarsen
Yes there are so many ways they could have done it. I guess we can only speculate how it could have been done but you have to give it to this man. He's making one in his own back yard.

A Lady's Life said...

JDS
Well there is a wealth of info to share and express and the internet world is such a wonder. You sit and think how did you ever live without it?
If you need a recipe it's there. If you need news it's there. If you want a game it's there.
If you want some one to talk to and exchange ideas, it's all there.
The whole world.
I had a pretty good life and lots of good memories and writing them down makes me feel good. Maybe one day my kids will read my stories and know who I am, who I was and who I can still become.
If I give other people incentive to try something different, this is all good too.I love comparing today with yesterday. History has new meaning for me as does philosophy art and religion.
Answers to questions I had all my life seem to be falling into place. I remember my grandparents words as if they were yesterday and can finally relate and agree with them.
Its amazing. Life really does go full circle as they say.
I am sure it is the same with you.
I find other people on the same journey in life as I am on, and it's funny how we are all so different and yet so much the same.
I love books, and now I have opened up a new chapter.lol