Friday, April 1, 2011

Life's Like That



The Story below sounds interesting.

"Once I was cooking some corn and stuck my fork in the boiling
water to see if the corn was ready. I missed and my hand went
into the boiling water....

A friend of mine, who was a Vietnam vet, came into the house, just
as I was screaming, and asked me if I had some plain old flour...I
pulled out a bag and he stuck my hand in it. He said to keep my hand
in the flour for 10 mins. which I did. He said that in Vietnam , this guy
was on fire and in their panic, they threw a bag of flour all over him to
put the fire out...well, it not only put the flour out, but he never even had
a blister!!!!

SOOOO, long story short, I put my hand in the bag of flour for 10 mins,
pulled it out and had not even a red mark or a blister and absolutely NO
PAIN. Now, I keep a bag of flour in the fridge and every time I burn myself,
I use the flour and never ONCE have I ever had a red spot, a burn or a blister!
*cold flour feels even better than room temperature flour.

Miracle, if you ask me. Keep a bag of white flour in your fridge and you will be
happy you did. I even burnt my tongue and put the flour on it for about 10 mins.
and the pain was gone and no burn. Try it! BTW, don't run your burn area under
Cold water first, just put it right into the flour for 10 mins and experience a miracle"

Does it work???
Next time I get oil on me, I will try it out.

Snopes says it doesn't work lol
-----------------------------
Handy Man or Husband.

Husbands For Sale

Anne put an advertisement in the 'classifieds' : Husband Wanted.

Next day Anne received hundreds of letters. They all said the same thing : You can have mine.

------------------------------


If Wishes were Fishes

Toby and Andrea came upon a wishing well.

Andrea, with great alacrity, leaned over, took a deep breath, made a wish and threw in a penny.

Toby also decided to make a wish, but he leaned over too far, fell into the well, and drowned.

Andrea was stunned for a moment but then smiled, 'It really works!'

-------------------

Need a Room Painted?

If you hook a dog leash over a ceiling fan, the motor is not strong enough to rotate a 42 pound boy wearing Batman underwear and a superman cape. It is strong enough however to spread paint on all four walls of 20 by 20 foot room.

-------------------

Need a House Cleaned???


A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. foot house 4 inches deep.

---------------------------

Stupid is as Stupid Does.

A policeman pulls a man over for speeding and asks him to get out of the car. After looking the man over he says:
- Sir, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are bloodshot. Have you been drinking?
The man gets really indignant and says:
- Officer, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are glazed. Have you been eating doughnuts?


Now has the world stopped spinning?

Nope. At least this should give people hope that there is a future to look forward to.

The world is a mess. Scalding Hot as are many peoples lives.

Have a good April Fools Day!!!! one everyone.

:)


6 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I have flour around. I will try this when I need it. Thanks for the tip!

Love that toy store receipt!

A Lady's Life said...

Welcome Sandy I never heard of this before have you?

Zuzana said...

Thank you for putting a big smile on my face this Saturday morning.;)
And I so keeping flour in my refrigerator from now on.;))
xoxo

A Lady's Life said...

zuzana - you have to laugh .
otherwise nothing is left but to cry.

Akelamalu said...

I usually tear a leaf off my aloe vera plant and rub the sap on a burn but I'll try the flour next time.

A Lady's Life said...

akelamalu - It doesn't work .
It's an April Fools joke.