Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Victoria Night Life

 
(click to enlarge)
Victoria, BC was bustling with night life.
We had a wonderful view if her from our Hotel window.
The camera doesn't do it justice.
The parliament building was all lit up and it felt like Christmas.
The city has a wonderful Canadian flavor to it.
British Columbians love their city and what's not to love here.
It's so beautiful every where you go.


 
When we first entered our hotel room I was a bit confused as to what I was seeing here.
Then it dawned on me, that the beautiful Empress Hotel was just across the harbor and'so were the Parliament buildings.
We were seconds away from down town in the business section.
I remembered taking my mother there the last time we came which seems ages ago.
 She had dinner at the Elegant Empress Hotel.
We'd go more often except it costs a lot to cross from the mainland on the ferry boat
and waiting lines to get back could be terrible.
This time coming back, the 5:30  ferry was booked solid so we had to wait from 3:30 to 8:30
to catch the next ferry boat from Nanaimo.
It was another some 90 min plus ride to get across and then the drive home.
I guess you have to expect this but sitting in a parking lot surrounded by cars and trucks as not a way to spend a beautiful day in summer. We couldn't even go to the water front because it was gated off.
In winter it is raining most of the time most unpleasant so then you have to sit in your car to keep warm
covered in blankets.
Discovering this hotel I thought hmm
It must be wonderful to have a room here when they have fireworks.
It's nice to have a hotel room here at any time of the year. lol
What I liked was that it had a bathroom with a shower head you could move around you.
It is very convenient to have this.
The rest of the hotel is modern and beautiful too
-----------------------------
victorian jokes

What is the difference between a tube and a foolish Dutchman?
 One is a hollow cylinder and the other a silly Hollander.

WIFE: "You loved me before we were married!"
HUSBAND: "Well, now it's your turn!"


Marriage is an institution intended to keep women out of mischief and get them into trouble.  

Why is a dog like a tree? Because they both lose their bark once they're dead. 

"See here, wait, I've found a button in my salad." "That's all right, sir, it's part of the dressing." 

Why are circus horses the slowest breed? Because they are taught horses. 

Who is the greatest chicken-killer in Shakespeare?
 Macbeth, because he did murder most foul. 

I'm giving yer me notice, mum." said the newly engaged maid, "'cos I finds yer don't trust me."
"But Jane, you only came two days ago. I gave you the key to the master's desk, my jewel case and the cellar. Surely that was proof that I trusted you."
"No, 'twasn't, mum. None of the keys fitted."


 A left-handed maid servant reversed the order of the knives and forks on the dinner table. Her master, observing the mistake , reproved her. "Ah, true indeed sir," said she, "and now would you be pleased to help me turn the table round?"

 "Bridget, where did you get that dreadful eye?"
"Me brother gave it to me, mum; and what will the neighbours say? Me with an eye like that and no husband."

 
Ah, Susan," said the mistress, meeting a former servant, "I suppose your getting better wages at your new place?"
"No, indeed, ma'am. I'm working for nothing now-I'm married."

xoxoxoxo

12 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. didn't realise you had to go to Nanaimo to get back to the mainland - I'd assumed there'd be one from Victoria itself ..

Glad you enjoyed the hotel and stay though .. cheers Hilary

Gattina said...

Looks like you enjoyed your stay very much !

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Beautiful view!

A Lady's Life said...

Hilary - we travelled up North to Nanaimo to see Qualicum Beach. So then we decided to take the Nanaimo route back.

A Lady's Life said...

Gattina - it was very nice especially the weather. Last time we went it was overcast and a little wet.

A Lady's Life said...

Memoirs - thanks

Maude Lynn said...

That last joke made my day!

A Lady's Life said...

great mama zen

George said...

I've always heard that Victoria is a beautiful city, and your photos are marvelous. I would truly love to visit Victoria some day.

Thanks for the smiles you've given today.

Ruchi Jain said...

nice pics and post..::)

A Lady's Life said...

George - it sure is. BC is the last of the wild frontier and once people come in and real estate destroys it, it will be just like any other place.
I am jealous of the cow boy days when the country was young and free and I am sure my kids will be jealous of my days as well as their lives will continue to be more complicated.

A Lady's Life said...

Ruchi Jain Thanks :)