Sunday, April 12, 2009

Beautiful Flowers for everyone....

Muscari flowers Beautiful perrenials multiply and fragrant

M. armeniacum

Fantasy Creation
M. plumosum M. armeniacum



Blue Spike
I got these Blue Spike flowers yesterday. Couldn't resist when a Lady stopped and told me they spread all over her lawn and I just love that. If you have red tulips on one side and yellow tulips on the other and these beautiful ones in the middle it sure is a beautiful sight to behold.

All species' bulbs should be planted at least 3" (8 cm) deep, in a location where the water can't settle in winter plant bulbs in zones 3 - 9, except for M. latifolium which prefers zones 2 to 5
All species will naturalize extremely easily (i.e. come back year after year and gradually multiply); that is, unless you plant them in completely sunless or swamplike conditions!

Muscari are all-round flowers: they are excellent as cut flowers, when planted in rockgardens, beds, borders, under shrubs, and trees, and can be used for indoor forcing. .
Have fun.



4 comments:

Baron's Life said...

I just love these flowers...very becoming and seasonal
Cheers

A Lady's Life said...

I love them cause they spread.I only worry about the squirrels eating them.

Lance said...

Lovely post and pictures! My wife likes to plant crocuses (maybe my spelling is off) in our lawn. It makes for challenging mowing, but it does look very pretty to have flowers blooming in the lawn.

A Lady's Life said...

Oh I would never mow my lawn if the flowers took over.I rather have flowers any day. :)