Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mango Seed or Picasso?



Art is all about perception and feelings and sometimes when I am looking at a piece of abstract art.

I wonder where the person gets all these ideas…… to make the lines the way they are made and the colors and

the whole composition in the end, is what the person is trying to express.

I like to look at rocks I pick up from sea shores and upon investigation, I can see stories in them,

pictures of something an artist like Picasso would paint or Chagall.

I am not the only one doing this sort of thing, trying to make something out of nothing . There was a woman who collected odd shaped chips. and there were others who have seen the Virgin Mary on walls and places where only nature could paint them. Our own church had an Icon which cried tears and we all went to see it.

This Icon is taken from church to church so it isn’t like the sun hits it a certain way or water somehow gets to it because no matter where they take it and hang it, it does the same thing.

Yesterday I ate a Mango. I never seem to be able to help myself from cutting into the outer part of the seed and taking it out to help it root and grow. I also like it because it is shaped like an ear .

Yesterday’s seed was special in that it had lots of pictures in it.Sometimes they over lap like some of these psychological shots, where they ask you what do you see , a young woman or an old one, a vase or a face?

I will try to take a picture to see if you can see what I see.

It makes food so much more appetizing and exciting, like opening up a fortune cookie,

you never know what you will find. I am sure it will continue to change the pictures as it dries because last night it had different ones.

Since I took these shots a B and an e popped up.

At the top left hand corner is a small head with a womans body. Below a flying dragon and horse followed by many faces.

The right bottom hand side has a very clear face and on the top right hand side you see the beginning of what looks like a mans chest and belly button. It may come out clearer as the seed keeps drying.Turning the seed around upside down, gives you new perceptions of other pictures.

:)


JOKE:

Can ColdWater Clean Dishes?
This is for all the germ conscious folks that worry about using cold water to clean.
John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan ..
After spending a great evening chatting the night away, The next morning John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.
However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking,
'Are these plates clean?'
His grandfather replied,
'They're as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'
For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked,
'Are you sure these plates are clean?'
Without looking up the old man said,
'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'
Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass.
John yelled and said,
'Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.
Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted.
'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'


10 comments:

Nessa said...

I see a praying mantis.

A Lady's Life said...

wow! I didn't see that. Did you see any other things I mentioned?

Vicky said...

I totally see a face but the longer I look I also see the slender fingers of a feminine hand. Loved the joke by the way! Thanks for the laugh:)

A Lady's Life said...

There are so many faces and bodies. There is a horse face as well in the middle. Its really like some one drew them but I swear I didn't lol

A Lady's Life said...

Hope everything is going well your end Vicky.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Love the joke. Love the photo too. At first glance, I thought it was art until I began to read further.

I collect rocks and I too think they have a story to tell as well as Trees. I'm a summer baby, so anything having to do with outdoors and nature, feeds my soul. Along with your blog :-)

Love, peace and blessings.
China

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks China.
You know , I took a picture of a little ear shaped seed but if enlarged, it very well could become a natural work of art made by no one but nature. Who would know it's a seed? It could be an amulet or something.
Today with technology anything is possible.You can see things you ordinarily would not see.
I keep looking at it and see more and more things all the time.Everything interelates.
:)

Voegtli said...

And so we have the proof that cold water can clean dishes.

A Lady's Life said...

we sure do peter lol

Maude Lynn said...

Oh, that joke is hilarious!