Friday, April 10, 2009

Life's A Comedy.

A married couple was celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary.
At the party everybody wanted to know how they managed to stay married so long in this day and age.
The husband responded "When we were first married we came to an agreement.
I would make all the major decisions and my wife would make all the minor decisions.
And in 60 years of marriage we have never needed to make a major decision."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Father: Don't you think our son gets his brains from me?
Mother: Probably, dear. I still have all of mine.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Her husband had been slipping in and out of a coma for several months yet she stayed by his bedside every single day.
When he came to, he motioned for her to come nearer.
As she sat by him, he said:
"You know what dear? You have been with me all through the bad times.
When I got fired, you were there to support me.
When my business fell, you were there.
When I got shot, you were by my side.
When we lost the house, you gave me support.
When my health started failing, you were still by my side.
Well, now that I think about it, I think you're a jinx!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One bright, beautiful Sunday morning, everyone got up early and went to church.
Before the services started,
Satan appeared at the front of the church.
Everyone started screaming and running for the front entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away
. Everyone left except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his pew.
oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence.
Satan walked up to the man and said, "Do you not know who I am?"
The man replied, "Yep, sure do."
Satan asked, "Aren't you afraid of me?"
"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.
Satan was a little perturbed at this and asked "Why aren't you afraid of me?"
The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for over 31 years."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT POST
TOP MARKS ON YET ANOTHER AMAZING POST!
well done....
your secret internet admirirer.

Voegtli said...

I have been married to her sister for 35 years. But even without that, I was never afraid of anything.

And though we are not married 60 years yet, we never had the major/minor decision issue.

It is easy: When she asks "Pappa, can I ask you a question?", I say "No" and she keeps quiet.

Of course, I am only joking!!

A Lady's Life said...

lol You are as usual a very wise man, Peter.lol Seeing life and living it certainly give you the advantage.
As you age,you find most things people argue about are trivial.It has more to do with ego than anything else.
I say what I have to say and then tell them its your life. Some people are smart and learn the easy way and some have to always do it the hard way. No matter what you do, they find a way to do it their way anyway.I get consolation in knowing that I tried to advise some one the best way I know how. Thats all any one can do. The rest is already written and only the person can change his/her own destiny.

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Secret Admirer. The next glass of wine is for you lol
:)