Saturday, April 25, 2009

Where does time go....?


My Friend...Golden Nugget
He is 12 years old. 13 in June Where does the time go?
Swimming, fishing, playing soccer,volleyball, he was a pro.
Mr Hugs, Mr Kiss, Mr Give Me a Second Bowl.
Mr Apologetic for things he didn't do.
Mr Rub Me Behind my Ears.
Mr Are You Ready to Go? I am.
Mr Keep My Feet Warm
Mr Companion, Mr Keeper, Mr Protector, Mr Defender
Can we ask for more from a dear friend?
No.
Now he needs a friend.
Give him a soft bed to sleep on
Instead, he sleeps by your feet.
Instead he sleeps watching the front door at night.
Old Habits.
How do I love thee, let me count the ways.
I peed first so you could take me home
cause this was your condition for choosing me
I was a good boy.
Yes, you always were and still are, my beloved pet.
Always a puppy
Always making me smile
By always being yourself.
Wish Time would stand still
and stayed day and day and day.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Golden Nugget is beautiful! What a faithful companion and friend. And he is only 4 months older than our girl Dakota. I can see in his face too how sweet and gentle and noble he is. And aging and slowing no doubt. But what a loving way to pay tribute to this wonderful friend of yours :) May you have many more lovely days with him!

A Lady's Life said...

Thanks Vicky.I wish the same for you and Dakota. I have been fortunate to have good dogs in my life.Nugget is different in that he is so humble. He was always a gentleman. I never had a dog who apologized for doing nothing, before. It's like he feels guilty or something and doesn't want to offend or get your feelings hurt
These are such special dogs.
It is unfortunate their lifespan is only 11-12 years old.
I never like saying good bye, Not to people or animals.I like beginnings and the joys it brings I think with the universe spreading out the way it does, so should the lives of people and animals. There is always a beginning and we should follow it. Then there can be no end,no such thing as aging, death or dying.
Always life and living.Always day.
When you think this way, it makes you feel a whole ot better.:)

Maude Lynn said...

That kind of companionship is priceless!

Gattina said...

He still has such a sweet face although he is a little white around his nose now, just like us with our hairs. As long as he has no serious health troubles, he still can live for a long time. Yanouk is 9 years old now and still in very good shape. Apparently he is an exception because statistically these bernese mountain dogs are not getting older than 8 !
He is such a sweetie and so nice with our 5 cats !

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Thanks for dedicating such a beautiful poem to "WOman's Best Friend." I feel the same about Max. He is so spoiled and if he sneezes, hair falls off. Wherever I am, there he is. It annoys me sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way. He'll be 9 in July.
I got him in the Divorce settlement (LOL)

Love for a great day!
China.

A Lady's Life said...

Butterfly, you are funny lol