Saturday, December 3, 2011

Natures Calling.


click to enlarge

Kids. Do they think to take their shoes OFF?
They know when to FOLLOW ORDERS to a T.
lol
------------------
I love these snuff bottles. It takes so much patience to be able to paint a small bottle from the inside and this is something I never tried.


This bottle had fendi hermes chanel on it and chanel 5 may be old fashioned but it is to me, the best perfume ever . It fits my body chemistry and I could smell it all day.
Thanks to Hillary I finally found out which flower they use to make it. Ylang Ylang.
I have never heard of such a flower and now would really love to smell one.
Can you imagine a garden full of this luxurious smell emitting naturally in your neighborhood?


So I looked it up and it is a pretty yellow flower found in Australia.
and they do make hand lotion from it as well.
I will be looking for it now just to find out what it smells like.
-----------------
An Amazing bird video Murmuration





Have a great day!

10 comments:

I Wonder Wye said...

Oh i love the smell of ylang-ylang. I am pretty sure you would like the essential oils from Khiels...I use coriendar and citrus and blend them together and men in particular always comment on it.

Calvin and Hobbes is a favorite at our house and we really miss it!

Thank you for your comment re the horse fundraiser - we do real out to the community and are considering offering a retreat to artists who might want to sketch or paint the horses...thanks again...

Old Kitty said...

Hello there!! Oh wow! I absolutely love mumurrations! Love them!!! I used to be quite an active rambler and over the years have been so lucky to seen these on my many walks - they are absolutely stunning! But the one in this clip is just beyond AWESOME! Thank you!!!

Oh Ylang Ylang!! Body Shop has this in lotion form!

Take care
x

A Lady's Life said...

I wonder wye. We have so many people doing their Christmas shopping in second hand stores like Value Village Talize and x Cargo.
We have so many going to auctions asking people to buy their livestock so they do not get bought by the butcher.You could get fabulous horses for almost nothing. It is heart breaking to watch. Cities and towns should allow people to keep livestock but it is against the law.Horses who lived together all their lives have separation anxiety as they are sold separately.Your heart breaks in two every time you see such things happening.
And then you see wild animals coming closer and closer to people areas because they can find no food in the forests. We should replenish our national forests with wild berries, wild onions, mint, clover, hay,barley, oats, heck dandelions, fish so animals have food to eat. We should let the horses run free in those areas and make small shelters to hide in at night from the cold.But no one likes such ideas.Then in spring they can be rounded up so the farmers don't complain.
We had a rabbit overpopulation on Vancouver island I don't know what they did with these rabbits but they should have put them in the wild so wolves and coyotes have food to eat.We kill our animals and then complain the wilderness comes into our back yards and kill us and eat our food.

A Lady's Life said...

I wonder wye I have to try your essence recipe. I love doing such things:)

A Lady's Life said...

Old Kitty I love them as well. It makes you think all is well with the world to see so much life and living.

Maude Lynn said...

That cartoon is hilarious!

SandyCarlson said...

Great stuff! That cartoon is hilarious. Makes me think of my nephew Adam. Thanks for this.

A Lady's Life said...

Welcome Mama Zen and Sandy :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi A Lady's Life .. thanks for mentioning me .. along with Chanel No 5! and Ylang-ylang .. wonderful looking vine isn't it - a natural to the Philippines I gather. The Avalon Organics look interesting .. good thought for Christmas.

Glad you've been inspired! Cheers Hilary

A Lady's Life said...

welcome hilary