Saturday, March 30, 2013

Easter Magnolia

 
No green leaves but the Magnolia blooms huge flowers.
What a delightful sight.!!

Magnolias grow in different colors.
The white ones signify purity and perfection
The pink relates to youth innocence and joy

Green Magnolias refer to joy health and luck
The purple Magnolia also incites luck and health

In China, the Magnolia represents purity and nobility, sweetness and love.
and the flowers are also associated with  the force of life  and are perfect to send
to a Mother who just gave birth.

The Magnolia is also the state flower of Louisiana and Mississippi,
and the City of Houston is called Magnolia City

Oh but what is a tree such as this without poetry?

 
xoxoxoxoxo

7 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

What a beautiful picture of the flower's that you took. They are so inviting.
I also want to thank you for always commenting on my blog. I really enjoy reading your comments you leave me.
Happy Easter.
Hugs,
Tricia XO

A Lady's Life said...

Prims - I love your blog because it really reflects who you are
It's nice to meet beautiful people on line.:)

Lorna said...

I love magnolias. I love it that they don't fall apart in the rain. They're strong, as in "The Steel Magnolias." Happy Easter.

OMIGOD I didn't type the word verification correctly. I hate these things!!!! This new word looks even harder than the one I failed on. 8-(

A Lady's Life said...

Lorna I don't like the word verification either but Had no choice to put it on as so many people began to attack my blog for advertising purposes.

Lorna said...

I just now sent you a reply to your comment in my blog. :-)

A Lady's Life said...

OK I'll visit you lol

Maude Lynn said...

How lovely! Happy Easter!