Saturday, February 16, 2013

Just Elfin around

 
It's Saturday and I haven't seen the week go by.

I thought I'd have two hats up but it was dark Friday night,  and my eyes couldn't see well.
 So rather than having to keep undoing a hat, I left it for another time.
I think I have had enough fun in hat making. lol
Here I had a capelet or shoulder warmer you can wear over a coat or jacket and added a beret to it
Now it's a set.
Living in areas where people have to layer clothing, it makes sense to have
capes.
When I was young I had a few capes I loved wearing.
I wish they were in style again because they are so comfortable and you never
have to worry about sweating in them.
Of course today we have the ponchos but now we are talking a horse of a different color.

I am bubbling because I never thought I could make things like this.
Only thing missing is  youth. lol


 

 OK I lied. lol
Can't sit and look at unfinished stuff. So I finished this little elf looking beanie. I began with huge needles , then toned down to smaller and smaller ones.
I was going to make it in green but I don't have  bright green thread,so I made it in red.
I wonder if my son will like this one. ?
 He put on his Kestler shirt and went to watch the Canuck hockey game.
Kestler is playing tonight.
 I wasn't invited to go , so I sat and finished the hat. lol
Now I am making a thin scarf to go with it and I'd like to make a bow to hold it together so it too will be a set and something different.
 Depending on what color I make the bow, I will try to crochet around the edges of the scarf and hat so it all comes together.
OK so I didn't make a bow tie. lol
Next time


This time I put the two ends together so it stays put on the shoulders and doesn't move.
My husband likes it this way so I think I will make him a few scarves for next year
in black and brown.
Sometimes On the ski slopes I see people wearing things you don't see in stores and now I know they are home made and unique. This makes all the difference.

The sun is shining and now I think the threads have to be put away and new things have to begin. Have to think about a garden this year. Plant tomatoes cucumbers shallots and green beans. Would be nice to plant a few sunflowers.
As for today maybe going out to get some fresh air is a good idea.
Gets a little clausterphobic sitting in the house.
xoxoxoxoxoxox

8 comments:

Tammy Theriault said...

I'd like to cuddle in a homemade scarf....

Russell said...

Looks very nice.

Noticed your comment about what you see when you are on the ski slopes -- that got my attention - heh!! We don't have such things in the Midwest!!

Hope you got outside and enjoyed some fresh air. Liked your garden thoughts. It will be many weeks before we start thinking about gardening out here!

Take care.

A Lady's Life said...

Tammy I did a funny thing with the scrf.
I crocheted it together so it always stays around your neck and doesn't slip off.
My husband liked it saying it was a good idea. This way you don;t play with it and it stays where its supposed to stay.

A Lady's Life said...

Russel do you mean different things people wear being hand made?
We see it a lot out here.
and even when I shop for thread people come in looking for that special thread to make that very special item.
It turns out very unique in the end cause no one has it. The stores sell mass produced items and mostly from China and there fore of very bad quality and to buy a unique item costs a fortune cause it is unique and therefore designer.
Designer is expensive and you could design your own and be in the same league as designers with a walmart cost.I'd say it was worth it.

Akelamalu said...

I used to do a lot of knitting but haven't done any for years. Unfortunately the arthritis in my fingers means my fingers go dead frequently so knitting isn't easy for me any more.

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

I'm glad that RED was the chosen color. It makes such a statement. I want to take up a new craft...haven't decided what yet.

Love for a great week!
fsb

A Lady's Life said...

Akelamalu - Thats too bad. But doing this stuff does take a lot out of you lol
sometimes my shoulders and hands hurt too from repetitive work.
But I call it a good productive day and leave it at that lol

A Lady's Life said...

Butterfly - it is cheerful that's for sure. :)